Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
US Air Force (retired)
13,542 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have noticed that we all talk about 60' time, 1/8th times and 1/4er times. On test and tune day reaction time isn't important. I had a hard time ignoring this when I was trying to figure out my car. I kept trying to tree the lights. (In the old days reaction time was very important.) But since my 60' sucked, it didn't really matter.

But I've started looking at the 1/8 to 1/4 time. The Mach I had me pretty much beat at the 1/8 (at least a tie) but what does the 1/8 to 1/4 time tell us.

P.S. Shaun and Stal, if they offer a driver's class, may I attend?

·
Registered
11,469 Posts
eagle your more than welcome to join our sweet driving skills class. getting down the track with a manual takes practice and seat time. you will get better the more you go.

·
Registered
4,836 Posts
What are you asking about in this thread?

·
Registered
2,259 Posts
Take your 1/8th time and multiply by 1.56 and you'll be damn close to your 1/4 time. Is that what you're asking?:)

·
US Air Force (retired)
13,542 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Take your 1/8th time and multiply by 1.56 and you'll be damn close to your 1/4 time. Is that what you're asking?:)
Yes, that was what I was wondering. So a bad hole shot will affect the last half of the race as well.

·
Registered
2,259 Posts
Yes, that was what I was wondering. So a bad hole shot will affect the last half of the race as well.
Yes, you spend more time in the first 60' than any 60' in the whole race so it effects everything.

·
Registered
1,583 Posts
Also a problem for me, I just started dragging my 11 and my launch and 60 foot is always a problem. Where is this driving class at lol

·
US Air Force (retired)
13,542 Posts
Discussion Starter #8 (Edited)
eagle your more than welcome to join our sweet driving skills class. getting down the track with a manual takes practice and seat time. you will get better the more you go.
Your right. Maybe I need to take a road trip for the lessons. I don't have the confidence to power shift anymore. I once blew up a car I needed doing that. Blew it up on Friday. Went to the salvage yard on Saturday. Put the motor in on Sunday. And, made it to work on Monday. I really don't want to do that again.

sc55509 posted at the same time. Where is that driving class?

·
US Air Force (retired)
13,542 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Yes, you spend more time in the first 60' than any 60' in the whole race so it effects everything.
Yes. Looking at the data it makes a big difference. My best hole shot accounted for my best 1/8 to 1/4 time.

·
Registered
4,836 Posts
Look at my sig, a .12 better 60 foot made my time faster by .31 in the 1/8th. 60ft is everything!

·
Registered
21,024 Posts
:lmao wow stal, me and you have to live up to this now.

Ive always wondered, why is it, if your 60 foot time is lower, why would your trap speed normally be lower? That honestly makes no sence to me. I know its true, but its just like your going faster in that first 60 feet, why wouldnt you be going through the traps faster? Just seems wierd.

·
US Air Force (retired)
13,542 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I think its because if you do the first 60' quick you have more time to build up speed later.

Where are you guys teaching this class?

·
Registered
4,836 Posts
Its only to a certain extent shaun, if your sliding all over the place with bad grip then yeah your gonna pick up a few mph's from a grippier tire but if your going from a tire you can launch at around 4K to a slick or so that your able to launch at 6K your trap more than likely will be about the same or slower.

·
Registered
21,024 Posts
I think its because if you do the first 60' quick you have more time to build up speed later.

Where are you guys teaching this class?
Yeah its confusing.

Lol just be like us, have an 11 second capeable car, and launch like a retard, and in between shifts you can watch Titanic. But I learned from this guy:

Its only to a certain extent shaun, if your sliding all over the place with bad grip then yeah your gonna pick up a few mph's from a grippier tire but if your going from a tire you can launch at around 4K to a slick or so that your able to launch at 6K your trap more than likely will be about the same or slower.
Yeah true, it does just seem odd. Like when I was NA, I would trap 104.5mph on street tires with 2.1-2.2 60 foots. With NT555R's Id trap at like 103-103.5 mph.

·
Registered
2,599 Posts
My trap speeds are always higher when I spin. Times are slower, but the speed is higher.

·
US Air Force (retired)
13,542 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
:eek: Wow... That was one heck of a nose dive. :D Obviously when you mis-shift a front wheel drive car it stands out. Please don't tell me he's the instructor. :lmao

·
Registered
21,024 Posts
lmao! On those cars, reverse is up and to the left. So he went from 2nd to reverse. Lol FAIL!

·
Registered
1,212 Posts
Wow..... Just wow. He might have broke his 5 point harness from all the whiplash haha.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts