Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Zoolander
7,719 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Can you believe it? One year ago today the worst school shooting/shooting in United States History happened? The VT Shooting. At this time I was up and talking to my buddy Jesse who im'ed me in the morning with "Shits goin down at VT" Then I read it. I knew about it before the news did, and wanted to know every single little thing happened. I didn't want a blade of grass to blow in the wind without my knowing. 10 minutes before I go to class I get another instant message that said "I hear gunshots." Freaky feeling hearing that before you go to class yourself. I go to class, and nobody knows anything. I couldn't stand it. I felt alone knowing that not many people outside of VT knew what was going on. It was absolutly crazy.

Well 1 year from the date April 16, 2007 we are here. One year anniversary from a major tragedy. I was lucky to have none of my friends injured or killed. Many other people can't say the same, and it's a terrible feeling to know this. Something that should never of happened, but it did. We can't say anything for or against it...it won't take it away. It won't take the pain away from anyone. The heavy hearts, and tear filled eyes are still there. An event(I hate having to call it that) that will go down in history, and be known for years to come, something that brought us together through tragedy yet again is upon us in a flashback sort of way. People will remember seeing the news clips(many won't have to remember seeing them since they will on the news today). A horrible tragedy at the least, an undescribable scene at best. The eerie feeling is back, and nobody knows how to deal with it.

I hope everyone has a good day today, but let's not forget to remember. Let's never forget, and let's not today be the only day to remember anything. Cherish each and everyday as it is your last. You never know when it will be. You can't tell.
Yes, many people will say "Today we are Hokies." Well why not everyday? Anniversaries aren't the only days to remember these things. This is an everyday thing. This is real. This is what the world has become. A place where tragedy rules supreme, but is only remembered on the days that they happened. Let's remeber them everyday of our lives, and pray to whoever, or do whatever the hell you do to keep ourselves, our families, our friends, and everyone else safe and happy.

Like I said. Cherish each and every moment you have.

·
MM's Resident Ricer
9,892 Posts
RIP

·
Registered
1,868 Posts
RIP wow, i can't even believe its been a year
that just blows me away

1 - 5 of 5 Posts