Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
396 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Sorry for alot of threads lately but ive come across alot of questioning statements today. i call am to order some spring, struts, and shocks. i ask what size tires i can go with on the rear and he says 10.5 in rim on 315's will not rub at all guarented with a 1.5 drop? is this true? any one with any experience got some input?

·
1 Wheel Peel
3,747 Posts
On a 17 inch rim 10.5 wide
On a 18 inch rim 10 wide.

It also all depends on offset but that is pretty much the limit for the rear tires without rolling fenders or tubbing it out

·
Registered
928 Posts
not to be a smartass but your post totally ignored his questions about fitting 315s with a drop

·
Registered
396 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
hm? alright. sorry for the stupid thread. just realy curious about that. ii want 335's on rear but he said not good fitment issue :(

·
1 Wheel Peel
3,747 Posts
just curious about tires, 18X10: whats the largest street tire for them ? 285/35 isnt cutting it ... i dont wanna go DRs ...
I know people run 295s but I think 305s will fit... Not sure about rubbing though since it's not done so much..

·
Registered
928 Posts
just a heads up the wider the tire the worse the gas mileage and if the fronts are wide it causes it to wander more but youd prob have to have the rims cut and widened for that

·
1 Wheel Peel
3,747 Posts
well like i said, i want street tires not DR's, but all i can find in a 305 is a Nitto DR ... i would love the bigger tire on the back for sure though :( thats just to small of a tire for the back, and its to small for that rim ... 305/40 would be amazing if such thing came in a summer tire, and not a DR.
Picky picky.... Remember the wider the heavier:yes

I also have 275 on fronts and no wandering what so ever.

·
Registered
928 Posts
really?i have 265/35s and 285/35s im looking to go down to 255/35s and up to 295/35s the pics with 40s in the rear on am look so tall and dont want any rubbing when I lower my car

·
Registered
396 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
i have 275;s all way round and the fron is 17'9 and wonders bad. i am going to keep the front the way they are and maybe with a smaller tires to make the rear look bigger.when i get new rims later on i plan on getting 18'10 with 335's but i guess not.ill just go with 315's and hell ya huge rear tires with a deep dish looks orgazmic.

·
Not A Regular Member
17,101 Posts
Screw gas mileage:p
+1. I hope nobody is buying 94-04 V6s for good gas mileage. From what I can tell, we get some shitty gas mileage. I'm lucky to get 20mpg all highway.

well like i said, i want street tires not DR's, but all i can find in a 305 is a Nitto DR ... i would love the bigger tire on the back for sure though :( thats just to small of a tire for the back, and its to small for that rim ... 305/40 would be amazing if such thing came in a summer tire, and not a DR.
That would be awesome. I wouldn't mind running some meatier tires on my rear wheels (since I can't rotate them anyways) and getting more of the muscle look :yes

1 - 20 of 24 Posts