Modded Mustang Forums banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
253 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I found a capless fill on a wrecked '10, but wanted to know if anyone knew if it worked the previous years or any problems with them.

Also i know they had sequential tails, is that stock on all? if so does anyone know what the relay looks like? Is it in the trunk or under hood.

·
Registered
641 Posts
2010 is the first year for capless on the Mustang. All `10s come with sequentals. I have seen `09 Escapes and Explorers with the capless set up.. as most would immagine.. the first few had leaking issues causing evap codes. Since `10 is all new I would not reccomend running the capless set up, likely to have evap leaks.

·
Registered
1,886 Posts
2010 is the first year for capless on the Mustang. All `10s come with sequentals. I have seen `09 Escapes and Explorers with the capless set up.. as most would immagine.. the first few had leaking issues causing evap codes. Since `10 is all new I would not reccomend running the capless set up, likely to have evap leaks.
It would have an EVAP leak. With no gas cap, it would most likely spit out a "P0455 Evap gross leak detected" code. Even the locking gas caps (one with a key) will set a "P0441 or P0442 EVAP small leak detected" code.

·
Registered
253 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Yea thats what I was worried about... How do they keep water from getting in and gas from getting out?

It was a sixer i believe, and was missing one tail light , but there was something bolted in the trunk that the wiring went to. I dont think I want to put the sequentials on but someone else might so I could tell someone where it was.

·
Registered
641 Posts
It would have an EVAP leak. With no gas cap, it would most likely spit out a "P0455 Evap gross leak detected" code. Even the locking gas caps (one with a key) will set a "P0441 or P0442 EVAP small leak detected" code.
The new system is designed without a cap, it uses a trap door held by spring tention that acts as the cap. This is not the same setup on your stang

·
Registered
641 Posts
I realize that, but he was mentioning about doing it on an 05-09. Not a 10'.
correct, however your statement sugested that the capless sys would cause evap leaks because it doesnt have a cap. It works the same regardless of vehicle. If the `05 had been equipped, the capless would work the same as a regular cap set up. Just clarification..

·
Registered
641 Posts
I like you sir.. no ****.. most people cant take things like that too well.. get all defencive. I am a Ford tech a well..

·
Registered
641 Posts
Bankston, wayyy down in Texas

·
Registered
244 Posts
My brother in law has a 2010 gt. I think he prefers the standard cap over the capless. Just seems weird to me to have no cap. Is there any way to lock it or do they all come with anti siphon screens now anyway?

·
Registered
1,886 Posts
There is normally a check valve inside the tank where the filler neck meets the gas tank. Otherwise known as a rollover valve. That valve rides in a small cage which is hard to get a normal sized hose into. The valve is there in case your vehicle flips over, so the fuel doesn't spew out.

If you guys are workin on Juco's ride, then you must be pretty good.;)

1 - 19 of 19 Posts