Modded Mustang Forums banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
549 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've been looking around for an article or something about a fully built twin turbo cobra. low compression, forged internals, ported heads and intakes, cams, exhaust. pretty much everything you could throw at it and then some... maybe some happy gas just for fun. so far I've had no luck finding said car... has it been done and does anyone know where to look?
:eek:

·
Banned
2,194 Posts
surely said car does not exist only in saids dreams :dunno

·
Registered
106 Posts
I've been looking around for an article or something about a fully built twin turbo cobra. low compression, forged internals, ported heads and intakes, cams, exhaust. pretty much everything you could throw at it and then some... maybe some happy gas just for fun. so far I've had no luck finding said car... has it been done and does anyone know where to look?
:eek:
Here you go...There is more than one twin over at Modularfords making1xxxrwhp. And plent of single turbos making 850+. Here is a link to the baddest twin out there. Still running a T56 and IRS....
HPP TT Stroker 03 Cobra + 150lbs injectors + 25psi - ModularFords.com
There are a few for sale as well.
PS. you don't need cams and ported heads with these 4v's to make this kind of power.

·
Registered
171 Posts
like Chronic said, theres plenty of 1000+ whp cobras out there, and i hope to one day join that list

·
Registered
226 Posts
The famous John Urist is now racing a compond boosted 03 Cobra with a ported eaton SC and twin 66 mm turbos. Its in one of the magazines but it dyno'd about 1200hp.

·
Registered
226 Posts
It said 42 lbs of boost to the intake, compounded boost that is. Don't understand why not just use big twin turbos instead. It showed on the dyno that traction was a problem in the mid-range with the compound set-up. Another set-up on a 03 cobra in MM and Fast fords twin turbo (I think it said 65's, but not sure) on race gas good for 600+ RWHP. The block was bored, but can't remember what else was done to it. I don't know 1000hp especially for street use is going to get REAL expensive with gas going to $4+a gallon. I am considering de-tuning mine for fuel economy sake, nah as long as I don't put the foot to the floor to much I do alright.

·
Retired MM Ninjas
12,556 Posts
Well, that might be easy for you since you have so much horsepower to spare. Since I don't have enough power I'm gonna keep my foot on the floorboard and use all that I have.

·
Registered
2,111 Posts
The famous John Urist is now racing a compond boosted 03 Cobra with a ported eaton SC and twin 66 mm turbos. Its in one of the magazines but it dyno'd about 1200hp.
I dont think that car actually belongs to John. I think its a customers car. The only car he races is a 92' Coupe.

·
Registered
226 Posts
Just re-read the article, sorry for the poor info. He was an integral part of the project it is not his car. i just got so excited I skipped over the main parts. You know what that is like, right? I think it's called paraphrasing. I think about this concept and I am like I'm just going to put 2 big twins w/o the SC.

·
N/A 4v Guru
3,484 Posts
Pretty f-in Awesome. :D

1000 horse cobras are all over, but I have heard of people who don't know what the hell they are doing, popping a bunch of em at 600-800.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts