Modded Mustang Forums banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just put a dry shot on my car. When i put the 100 hp jet in it and spray it the car will almost cut off if it is not reved past 3500 when i spray it. Has any one else had this problem? When i put a 75 hp jet in it takes it fine. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
No. I was Told The Car would Take The 100 Dry Shot. I Was Wondering If It Could Be Hitting The MAF Wrong And Making It Not Pick It Up

·
Registered
1,747 Posts
you may need too move the nozzle back a little bit for that kind of shot..
but i do reccomend fuel upgrades

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I have it pointing straight at the mass air from the tip of the air filter. I think i am just going to regroup and go to a wet system

·
Registered
4,987 Posts
I have it pointing straight at the mass air from the tip of the air filter. I think i am just going to regroup and go to a wet system
U have to take into consideration the volume of Nitrous thats coming out of the jet, its probably working better with a 75 kit because its less nitrous and it is reading it correctly, And a 100 Shot is realy the limmit with a Dry shot.

If you want to run a 100 Shot with no issues i would recommend going with a wet kit for sure.That way you know your getting the correct amount of fuel all the time.

·
mm's nitrous mod
12,988 Posts
^ why? dry is just fine. if i were to guess at this, i would say the MAF is maxing out or injectors are maxing out. in both cases, the ecu can not make up for the difference.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thanks for the help guys. I have some more solenoids i guess i'm just gonna get a new nozzle and spray it wet.

·
Registered
4,987 Posts
^ why? dry is just fine. if i were to guess at this, i would say the MAF is maxing out or injectors are maxing out. in both cases, the ecu can not make up for the difference.
Why?

Just giving my opinion thats all.

Never been a fan of a Dry shot for the exact reasons you stated above chances of the MAF maxing out or injectors maxing out etc etc.

The more people i see running a Dry shot either run into problems, or end up going to a Wet Setup later down the road anyway.

·
mm's nitrous mod
12,988 Posts
ytou talking like if it dry is bad and not the first time either. you may not be a fan of a dry set up, but there is nothing wrong with it. people run into problems wether its wet or dry, its usually installer or user fault.

·
Registered
4,987 Posts
ytou talking like if it dry is bad and not the first time either. you may not be a fan of a dry set up, but there is nothing wrong with it. people run into problems wether its wet or dry, its usually installer or user fault.
Nitrous article...

So which kit is better?
There are different theories on which nitrous kit is better, but really it depends on what you want, your current setup, and your budget. We have recommended, and will continue to recommend wet nitrous kits. With a proper setup, you can enjoy nitrous shots of 100 horsepower and more, reliably.

^ This is all im trying to say,

I never in this thread claimed there was anything wrong with a Dry kit so ease up of the keyboard a bit. All i stated was my opinion, as to what he should do reguarding his original question, as you are stating yours.

Nothing less nothing more.

·
Registered
11,354 Posts
The fuel system for these cars cant take much. Upgrade your injectors, MAF, and fuel pump. Then upgrade your ignition and you will get the full potential out of your car.

·
mm's nitrous mod
12,988 Posts
Nitrous article...

So which kit is better?
There are different theories on which nitrous kit is better, but really it depends on what you want, your current setup, and your budget. We have recommended, and will continue to recommend wet nitrous kits. With a proper setup, you can enjoy nitrous shots of 100 horsepower and more, reliably.

^ This is all im trying to say,

I never in this thread claimed there was anything wrong with a Dry kit so ease up of the keyboard a bit. All i stated was my opinion, as to what he should do reguarding his original question, as you are stating yours.

Nothing less nothing more.
more reliably? i am tired of hearing you talk down on the dry shot. i wont ease up on the keyboard on things that are wrong or try to persuade wrong.

The fuel system for these cars cant take much. Upgrade your injectors, MAF, and fuel pump. Then upgrade your ignition and you will get the full potential out of your car.
the set up of spray thru MAF is still limited by the 5v range of the ford MAF.

·
Registered
4,987 Posts
more reliably? i am tired of hearing you talk down on the dry shot. i wont ease up on the keyboard on things that are wrong or try to persuade wrong.
I am in no way posting anything Wrong or Trying to Wrongly Persuade any one to do anything they don't want to do, take it how you want it but don't twist my words.

Just posting my opinion backed by the same theroy from a Nitrous specific article.And yes ill say it again, a wet kit is more reliable.

Neither of us have enough info on the car, the cars setup or what the owner himself is wanting out of his car to make a claim as to what kit would be the "better" Kit thats why when he asked me or you or anyone else in this thread all you can give him is an honest opinion as i gave mine and you gave yours, im not hear to debate anything with you personaly so get over yourself.

He already made his decision so just Drop it:yes

·
Registered
4,987 Posts
Just some Reading material...

There are two main types of Nitrous Systems that are used to produce more horsepower in both cars and trucks. There is the dry and the wet nitrous kit. We receive many emails from our customers asking what the difference is between the two systems, which system will produce the most horsepower and torque, and which system is best for them. We will explore the differences between the dry nitrous system and the wet nitrous system so you can decide which kit is best for you.

Dry Nitrous Kit

The typical dry kit is one of the most simple kits available. The kit is called "dry" because it injects only nitrous into the engine, and not fuel. Generally, the dry kit is for people who want a set that allows them to let the ECU or computer automatically add appropriate amounts of fuel to compensate for the added nitrous into the motor. Usually you can get away with a dry nitrous system if you are confident in your car or truck automatically compensating fuel, you have a larger fuel system, or have a way of ensuring there is adequate fuel when the nitrous gets injected.

Wet Nitrous Kit

The typical wet kit is only of the more popular nitrous kits amongst enthusiasts. The wet kit injects both nitrous and fuel into the engine at the same time. As with the dry kit, you still need to have enough fuel in your fuel system for the wet nitrous system to be able to use while the nitrous is being injected. You can setup an external fuel pump specifically for this kit, so when the nitrous is activated, the fuel will come with the external fuel pump, bypassing the stock fuel system. This is a more elaborate wet nitrous system, but can be one of the most reliable setups.

So which kit is better?

There are different theories on which nitrous kit is better, but really it depends on what you want, your current setup, and your budget. We have recommended, and will continue to recommend wet nitrous kits. With a proper setup, you can enjoy nitrous shots of 100 horsepower and more, reliably. Always ensure your motor is capable of holding the extra power.

·
mm's nitrous mod
12,988 Posts
and why you post that??? its not like i am new to nitrous. go look at the write up i did few the new edge guys because i got tired of seeing nitrous topics every few days. there is no mention that there are times when a dry would be perfered. that post dont mean anything to me just like the post before that as well.

·
mm's nitrous mod
12,988 Posts
and i will say again, wet is no more reliable than dry if correct steps are taken. that there is false info as well. get over myself? no, not when i hear the same **** from you on every wet/dry situation.

·
Registered
4,987 Posts
and why you post that??? its not like i am new to nitrous. go look at the write up i did few the new edge guys because i got tired of seeing nitrous topics every few days. there is no mention that there are times when a dry would be perfered. that post dont mean anything to me just like the post before that as well.
This thread is not about you is it?

I was posting it for reading material for 1slow97;)

I can agree that at times a Dry kit is perered yes, but in this situation with
1slow97's car and the issues he is having i recommended a Wet kit. Not to mention he has solenoids laying around so it makes his problem an easy fix keeping him from having to buy a MAF or Injectors.No extra money spent and he gets to run a 100+ Shot with no issues from the MAF or Injectors.So yes ill say it again, in HIS case a wet kit is the way to go unless he rather fork out the extra money to make the Dry setup work correctly.

OR like you previously stated its normaly the user/installer thats the problem.
No offence to 1slow97...

In that case we are both waisting our breath becase neither of us knows anything about this kit its self or how it was installed on the car.We just give opinions baised on the theroy that it was installed correctly and in perfect working order.

·
November 08 ROTM
1,356 Posts
theres also other ways a dry setup can draw fuel than just relying on the MAF to make up for it. My ZEX dry system uses 2 vacuum lines and the fuel pressure regulator to draw more fuel, so io dont even spray the MAF, the ZEX smartbox automatically draws more fuel through the regulator and its a nice, reliable kit to have. but a wet kit is also a good way to go. Dry system just need more fuel system upgrades at times.

·
Registered
4,987 Posts
and i will say again, wet is no more reliable than dry if correct steps are taken. that there is false info as well. get over myself? no, not when i hear the same **** from you on every wet/dry situation.
I think this is the First if not Secound Situation and like i said im a fan of a wet kit as it is more the popular kit and if its a question of do a go dry or wet im going to give my .02 and say wet.

You also have to take into consideration that most people don't take the correct steps with using nitrous being wet or dry, this thread is a perfect example. Guy Slapped a dry kit on and ran great with a 75 but breaks up when he runs the 100 shot and wants to know why???

So in a Sence with a relativity stock style car a wet kit is going to be more reliable bottom line and less costly in the long run.

A buddy of mine for example spent $200 on a used wet kit, put it on his car and hit it with a 125-150 kit the car is un-tuned and daily driven and runs back to back 12s Everything on the car is Stock only thing it has is an H Pipe.
Been well over a year now with no problems and no more money invested into the current setup.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts