Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
6,038 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My car will not go pasrlt 100mph. Never really gone past 80 until tosay. Itll bark into 4th and thn done. It wont go past 100. So what gives?

·
Premium Member
960 Posts
My car will not go pasrlt 100mph. Never really gone past 80 until tosay. Itll bark into 4th and thn done. It wont go past 100. So what gives?
Speed limiter. Which is actually kind of funny considering i read the 2011V6 speed limiter kicks in @ 113. I've gotten over 100 and got a ticket to prove it lol. SCT Tuner will disable the limiter for you.

·
Premium Member
960 Posts
So youre saying to take this thing anyhere near a track i need a tune..
I'd hate for that to be the case, but from what you have explained i'd say yes.... I hit right over 110 by accident when i first got the car, and that was because i came from a truck on 24" Rims and the ride in this is SOO smooth in comparison. I had no idea i was going that fast till the limiter kicked in. Scared the holy ghost out of me. Since then i've put a tune on it, and just hit over 100 when i got the ticket i referenced in my last post.

·
Premium Member
960 Posts
I juat find it hard to believe
Who you telling. If that would be the case, I could beat you GT guys...... in a mile run. lol. Im just saying, thats what it sounds like. Its that, or you have a serious problem.

·
Token asian guy
2,783 Posts
When my car was stock mine would hit the speed limiter around 150.

·
Registered
40 Posts
That's odd. Are you sure it doesn't have anything to do with "MyKey"? Try it with your other key and see if it's the same. Maybe someone messed around programming a MyKey before you bought it. For a GT, you should be able to fly right past 100mph with ease.

If that's not it, I guess you could take it to the dealer...but not sure what they would do. I certainly wouldn't want the techs at the dealership diagnosing your issue if they have to drive it that fast to duplicate the problem. I'm actually sure they wouldn't even do that. Maybe they could reflash it or something? Or maybe run it on the lift to diagnose? As a last resort...go get a good tune!

Hope you get it figured out.

·
Registered
664 Posts
Its probably the Mykey. I accidentally set mine when I first bought the car and it sets a limiter to 80 and does all kinds of other **** to. Although if you got to 100 then maybe not. Thats the first thing I would check.

·
Registered
74 Posts
1 - 20 of 25 Posts