Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 20 of 74 Posts

·
BYAHHHH!
18,672 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Kinda want to set a goal for myself and wondering how possible it is? What do I need to do?

Most know my cars mods but to recap some.

Precision 6768 Billet turbo with a .96AR housing
custom turbo kit with 3in coldside, 2.5in hotside to turbo, and 3.5in downpipe
bbk 78mm t/b and plenum
3500 Edge Pro Series Stall
Fairbanks Shift kit
3:55 gears
Team Z tubular suspension with Strange 10way struts and 12" 200lbs springs
Solid Motor Mounts
Strange 10way Struts
stock rer spring with 1 coil cut off
E-Boost 2 boost controller
------------------------------------------------------------------------
this Summer

15in rims with MT tires
subframe connectors
Team Z LCA
Baseline ProLaunch kit
ARB(all suspension with spherical bushings)

Only weight reduction will be rear tire,jack, and 15's.

What else am I missing or need to do? They is a full weight car..no AC is coming out or anything like that...

Is it a goal that is possible of reaching or no...thought it would be fun to try and do.

opinions or helpful thouths?

Thanks,

Scott

·
mm's nitrous mod
12,988 Posts
you can get there, with no weight reduction then it will just be harder on the driver and the car.

·
BYAHHHH!
18,672 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
you can get there, with no weight reduction then it will just be harder on the driver and the car.
i know..it will be no doubt. But my goal for this car was always a full interior car. So I am going to keep it that way and weight for a fox to gut later on.

·
BYAHHHH!
18,672 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
my original goal was 11.3... with what I posted. 11.6's at the slowest.

·
Registered
21,024 Posts
Youll need a cage for anything faster then 11.5

·
Banned
1,738 Posts
Youll need a cage for anything faster then 11.5
actually you need a roll bar for anything faster than 11.5 and a cage for anything faster than 10s;)

·
Registered
21,024 Posts
Tooshae....Thats good to know.

·
Registered
5,472 Posts
I think you'll probably blow it before it happens with full weight. You'll have to wrong so much boost to over come the weight and if anything goes run it will instantly blow.

I can't think of how many times I would have blown up the engine in mine if I wouldn't have been forged. Leaning out because of fuel pumps failing. It melted 1 plug and chucked another out of the head. I re threaded it and ran fine. Bouncing off the rev limiter to the point it destroyed the belt and before I got off the highway it was so hot it was burping out water from the radiator cap. A year after that it still dynoed it's latest numbers.

I just can't see a stock long block taking that kind of beating. If you went with better heads, cams, and intake you would have more of a chance. Since you could run less boost which makes it less likely to pre detonate.

·
mm's nitrous mod
12,988 Posts
there are several guys out running low low 11's with a stock shortblock, but its just takes so much more stress on the shortblock to get the little extra.

·
Registered
5,472 Posts
there are several guys out running low low 11's with a stock shortblock, but its just takes so much more stress on the shortblock to get the little extra.
Yeah but they had heads cams intakes etc. So they don't have to run 20 psi to make the necessary power or they would have probably popped trying to get in the 11's. I know some have also ran race gas to help, and a did a fair amount of weight reduction. I've seen a 360+ na 2v run tens but it was raced prepped except for being tubed. It was still tagged and was quasi legal for the street.

·
Registered
3,112 Posts
Yeah but they had heads cams intakes etc. So they don't have to run 20 psi to make the necessary power or they would have probably popped trying to get in the 11's. I know some have also ran race gas to help, and a did a fair amount of weight reduction. I've seen a 360+ na 2v run tens but it was raced prepped except for being tubed. It was still tagged and was quasi legal for the street.
you dont need head cams intake to run 11s with a turbo...cars running 8-10psi usually do mid high 11s without a problems because with a the right turbo that puts the car around 415-440 to the tires on stock motor..

scott you can do 10s but its gonna have to be more than 10lbs...depending on how loose your converter is you should be able to foot brake some decent boost and leave on most of your boost...just run some 104 when you go to the track..

that was my goal...but i do have a tbrake and my tuner said we was gonna push it at the track with about 12-14 lbs remember i didnt give a **** if mine blew lol..

you should be able to get close without a doubt though..

·
Registered
2,259 Posts
A local guy got his "almost" stock longblock turbo car running 10.80's with a C-4. In order to handle the boost necessary to run 10's he had to replace the valve springs. The stock valve springs wouldn't handle that much boost. So that tells me it wasn't "stock" and he was damn lucky. :D

·
BYAHHHH!
18,672 Posts
Discussion Starter #14 (Edited)
you dont need head cams intake to run 11s with a turbo...cars running 8-10psi usually do mid high 11s without a problems because with a the right turbo that puts the car around 415-440 to the tires on stock motor..

scott you can do 10s but its gonna have to be more than 10lbs...depending on how loose your converter is you should be able to foot brake some decent boost and leave on most of your boost...just run some 104 when you go to the track..

that was my goal...but i do have a tbrake and my tuner said we was gonna push it at the track with about 12-14 lbs remember i didnt give a **** if mine blew lol..

I was hopin you'd pop in here seeing it was your goal also. I am thinking about changin my converter since it's somewhat tight and getting a 3800 dirty dog or 4000 Dirty dog since I will the 4r for awhile yet. I think I could get a decent amount of money for the Pro Series 35000 Edge too. Better for blower setups. I dont really want to go over 8.5psi.... and 60's for E85...gotta find something to do with my fuel pump tho

I mean I'd be thrilled with 11.3's or a little slower for sure..

·
Registered
5,472 Posts

I made 600 with a little s-trim

A local guy got his "almost" stock longblock turbo car running 10.80's with a C-4. In order to handle the boost necessary to run 10's he had to replace the valve springs. The stock valve springs wouldn't handle that much boost. So that tells me it wasn't "stock" and he was damn lucky. :D
Probably close to 20 psi

·
BYAHHHH!
18,672 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
I just got off the phone with Alan at dirty Dog...we talked about stalls and I think I am goin to change my Edge 3500 out for a Dirty Dog 4200 stall that is looser

·
BYAHHHH!
18,672 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
stock heads should be good for 15psi or so depedning on rpms

·
The Mean Green
5,528 Posts
Im shooting for low 12's up here at 6000ft. Itd be awesome if I could dip in the 11's, Ive yet to see a stock 2v do that here. I ran 12.60's last year, and this year I have a built rear, lil more power and a lil less weight. My goal is 12.30's but we will see.

·
BYAHHHH!
18,672 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
we are 550 here I think. Being an auto I feel a lot better about it too..esp when I get the 4200 stall

·
Registered
3,112 Posts
Keep the converter you have now..dont waste money buy selling it and getting a different one right now seeing how when you do a built motor and up the boost and all you will need a new one restalled for the new setup anyway...and that converter you have probably a little loose anyway..im sure you can dip down pretty good with the converter you have and it will be just fine..

1 - 20 of 74 Posts