Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Banned
3,947 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
just found out my dads frined has a termi

how much money in mods about has he done to get in the mid 11s with out any suspension besides lowering springs he sepnt like 170 bucks

·
Registered
2,259 Posts
List those mods please:)

·
Banned
3,947 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
i dont know any of them lol

im just curious how much about it would cost....like 10 grand or something

again its not my car

·
Old timer
9,296 Posts
hell no not 10 grand. all he needs is a good driver, some good tires, upper/lower(if even that)intake, full exhaust and a tune.

·
Banned
3,947 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
danm....didnt know termies where that fast

·
N/A 4v Guru
3,484 Posts
My buddies pullied,tune,exhaust, shifter. Ran low 12's so I would say its pretty damn easy to run 11.40

·
Retired MM Ninjas
12,556 Posts
A guy around me, claims to be running 10.90's with his. He claims to have a KB, full boltons, and Nitto 555 dr's. What do ya'll think?

·
Registered
303 Posts
friend of mine has a 03 cobra with a 100 or so shot running a best of 10.88 i think...

·
Forever in our hearts travis_afx
4,391 Posts
For him to run such a low time on stock tires and suspension without nitrous than he is most likely going to need a blower swap. My friend just has full bolt-ons and a Whipple 2.3 with 555R's and a short throw, and he runs mid 11's all day long and that's with a moderate 15 psi, peddeling it off the line, and NOT powershifting. He just has lowering springs (which don't help at all as far as performance) and sub-frame conectors.

A good twin screw with a tune and a good driver should be able to run an 11.4 or better, but it will be tough on street tires. Traction is the biggest enemy when you start getting that much power to the rear wheels.

·
Old timer
9,296 Posts
For him to run such a low time on stock tires and suspension without nitrous than he is most likely going to need a blower swap. My friend just has full bolt-ons and a Whipple 2.3 with 555R's and a short throw, and he runs mid 11's all day long and that's with a moderate 15 psi, peddeling it off the line, and NOT powershifting. He just has lowering springs (which don't help at all as far as performance) and sub-frame conectors.

A good twin screw with a tune and a good driver should be able to run an 11.4 or better, but it will be tough on street tires. Traction is the biggest enemy when you start getting that much power to the rear wheels.
I agree with you about traction but it does not take a blower swap. One of the locals at my track (F8LSNAKE) on SVTP runs 10.60s on his eaton.

·
4,391 Posts
I agree with you about traction but it does not take a blower swap. One of the locals at my track (F8LSNAKE) on SVTP runs 10.60s on his eaton.
What other mods though? Because the original poster is asking what it will take for this guys Cobra to run an 11.4 with no nitrous, suspension work, and on street tires. That's asking a lot from the stock IRS.

·
Registered
139 Posts
What other mods though? Because the original poster is asking what it will take for this guys Cobra to run an 11.4 with no nitrous, suspension work, and on street tires. That's asking a lot from the stock IRS.
I've actually now gone 10.48 at 130+ and hold the eaton no nitrous record. I did run 10's with the stock irs, but now have a built solid rear. Tommy Godfrey ran 10.98 I believe it was at full weight on the stock irs with a 315 bfg drag radial. He has since switched to a big twin screw and runs high 9's still at full weight. My car has been lightened up, but there is more left in it. I believe in the right conditions it will run 10.20's.

·
4,391 Posts
I've actually now gone 10.48 at 130+ and hold the eaton no nitrous record. I did run 10's with the stock irs, but now have a built solid rear. Tommy Godfrey ran 10.98 I believe it was at full weight on the stock irs with a 315 bfg drag radial. He has since switched to a big twin screw and runs high 9's still at full weight. My car has been lightened up, but there is more left in it. I believe in the right conditions it will run 10.20's.
Running 10's on the stock IRS is impressive.

Also, welcome to the site.

·
Old timer
9,296 Posts
Nice Mach, have we met? I'm at SDR just about every Fri. night.
Yeah it was awile back. I was with my buddy and his cobra too. I had my stock wheels on so that may be why you dont recognize them. I was at the Summit Dyno challenge today. Bob was there, did you ever make it out?

·
Registered
139 Posts
Running 10's on the stock IRS is impressive.

Also, welcome to the site.
Thanks, there has been several to do it. Most just usually go twinscrew before they give some of the stock stuff a chance.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts