Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys,

I had the chance to finally dyno my car today. It's a 2011 GT 6MT with 3.31 gears, with the following performance mods:

Steeda CAI
Steeda SCT Tune
GT500 Axlebacks

Here's the graph:

The lower of the two runs was done in 4th gear, and the other was done in 5th.

Peak #'s
4th Gear: 409whp/376wtq
5th Gear: 412whp/398wtq

·
Registered
541 Posts
very nice! any other plans for it?

·
Registered
1,580 Posts
Very cool. Over 400 is where I'd love to be and with those simple mods it's clearly easy to attain.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Update:

Got my 3" H-Pipes from Lethal yesterday. Very happy with their quality and fitment. Only problem I had was that I jammed a socket on the bolt that's buried in the engine bay, which ended up taking just as long to get off as the entire installation.

After I managed to pry it loose, I flashed the car with Steeda's updated tune for my new set-up. Power gains are phenomenal, with no feel of torque loss in the lower rpm's, but big gains where they can really be felt. I'd consider the improvement in performance as being pretty close to the change between stock and CAI/Tune. Hopefully I'll find some time to make another visit to that dyno in the near future.

The sound now is also perfect. It's exactly the sound and loudness I was hoping for. Minimal change at idle, and it can be easily regulated by your right foot while driving. The pops during low-rpm gear changes are only slightly louder than with just the GT500 AB's, but can sound legendary when I want them to. Just about as loud of an exhaust as I'd want for a DD, especially since it's so easy to moderate.

For anyone considering O/R H-pipes, do it.. :bigthumbsup

·
Registered
664 Posts
Those are some good numbers for those minimal mods. Did you dyno it stock to see the performance upgrades?

·
Registered
52 Posts
Very nice! I'm hoping to get mine dyno'd pretty soon. As long as I'm right around the 400 mark I'll be happy.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts