Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
706 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
From Autoblog

Check out some of the posts from this "Gloria" person, seems as if they may have some insider info. Some key posts that jump out at me:

1. Expect a plug-in IRS to be an option in the relative near future. No, I do not mean for the 2011MY, as the new engines and transmissions are enough for that year.

Note that I said option. The solid axle will still be standard.

2. Job 1 for 2011 Mustang is 3/15/10

Expect the GT500 to lose 175-200lbs over the current version. Most of that will be over the nose.

3. Job 1 for the 2011 5.0, and 3.7L Mustang, is March 15, 2010.

The Boss 302 should be shortly thereafter.

4. The durability testing, on the Ecoboost, was pretty extreme. Lookup some of the info on it.......... it makes a good read.

You know, things like running 24/7 at peak power............... for 15 days straight. Start-up, floored for a few minutes, immediately shut off. Do this for thousands of times, in a row, to test the durability of the turbo cooling. (if you know anything about turbo engines, this would kill most turbos) Etc.

I don't think that Ford will risk their reliability/dependability ratings............. for one engine.

5. [Regarding the leak of the Mustang horsepower info a few weeks back] Well, since my 1st post never appeared.............

This leak comes from a very good source, and was generally confirmed from another very good source.

BTW, you might just want to get the 2011 GT500, as it will be 200lbs lighter than the current car. Now, I don't know what the 6.4 is supposed to put out, but I can't see it coming close to 540hp, with 3700lbs of car to push. Also, this will improve the weight distribution dramatically.

The GT is supposed to stay pretty much the same weight as now. The V6 is losing weight.

Pricing is also supposed to stay pretty much the same. I would seem as though the 2010 price increases already included the new engines. All of this, is from the same source.

6. All 6-speeds, all engines.

The base engine is the 3.7L V6, naturally aspirated.

Expect to see the Ecoboost V6, in a special edition first................ and I guarantee that it will have alot more than 365hp. Remember that the engine is tranny/AWD limited in the FWD platforms.

·
Registered
2,465 Posts
From Autoblog

Check out some of the posts from this "Gloria" person, seems as if they may have some insider info. Some key posts that jump out at me:

1. Expect a plug-in IRS to be an option in the relative near future. No, I do not mean for the 2011MY, as the new engines and transmissions are enough for that year.

Note that I said option. The solid axle will still be standard.

2. Job 1 for 2011 Mustang is 3/15/10

Expect the GT500 to lose 175-200lbs over the current version. Most of that will be over the nose.

3. Job 1 for the 2011 5.0, and 3.7L Mustang, is March 15, 2010.

The Boss 302 should be shortly thereafter.

4. The durability testing, on the Ecoboost, was pretty extreme. Lookup some of the info on it.......... it makes a good read.

You know, things like running 24/7 at peak power............... for 15 days straight. Start-up, floored for a few minutes, immediately shut off. Do this for thousands of times, in a row, to test the durability of the turbo cooling. (if you know anything about turbo engines, this would kill most turbos) Etc.

I don't think that Ford will risk their reliability/dependability ratings............. for one engine.

5. [Regarding the leak of the Mustang horsepower info a few weeks back] Well, since my 1st post never appeared.............

This leak comes from a very good source, and was generally confirmed from another very good source.

BTW, you might just want to get the 2011 GT500, as it will be 200lbs lighter than the current car. Now, I don't know what the 6.4 is supposed to put out, but I can't see it coming close to 540hp, with 3700lbs of car to push. Also, this will improve the weight distribution dramatically.

The GT is supposed to stay pretty much the same weight as now. The V6 is losing weight.

Pricing is also supposed to stay pretty much the same. I would seem as though the 2010 price increases already included the new engines. All of this, is from the same source.

6. All 6-speeds, all engines.

The base engine is the 3.7L V6, naturally aspirated.

Expect to see the Ecoboost V6, in a special edition first................ and I guarantee that it will have alot more than 365hp. Remember that the engine is tranny/AWD limited in the FWD platforms.
Dude, do you realize that all of your MY '11 speculation reprint posts keep getting moved? Just thought I'd bring that up to save you and the mods some time.... :)

That said, this is pretty much in line with all the current speculation. Nice to hear reasoned echos. Should be a pretty interesting next six months -- sounds like Mulally isn't letting 'Ford as usual' continue anymore.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts