Modded Mustang Forums banner

21 - 22 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
98 Posts
Darrell said:
bwb3 said:
there's a notchback in town that run 10.88 and its only got a 302 w/ 310whp. and it only cost him around $1000 on the motor. its not gonna be that hard to get ur car to go 11's. just make sure you have a nice suspention set-up
He is full of ****. Assuming a (high)20% drivetrain loss the engine would be producing 390 horsepower at the flywheel. The car would have to weigh about 2400 pounds to run that fast. I'd like to see a Mustang that weighs 2400 pounds with driver. Mine didn't weigh that much with me in the seat even after I cut the old roll cage out.
my bad im miss typed. 11.88. sry didn't mean to make you all angry :D

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #22
Thanks alot for all the help. The car acutally weighs 2930 with me in it. I think as far as the engine goes I'm going to do a home port job on the heads, and put some chevy valves in the heads with comp cams roller rockers. Then just throw a COMP CAMS 292 MAGNUM HYDRAULIC CAMSHAFT K-KIT in it with .518/.518 lift that should wake up the 351. Next I'm going to put some 9 inch welds on the back and see if she will hook, that is after I pay off the $489 ticket I got the first time I drove it 2 weeks ago.

Just got the Cobra II home, changed the oil and spark plugs charged the battery and it started right up. So I decided that I would take it for a spin. So drop it into first, pedal to the metal and I'm sideways clear over the hill and miss second, so I pull into the highschool to launch it again a cop pulls right in front of me and saw the whole thing. Busted with:

Expired tags
No liscence present
No Insurance
40 over the speed limit
No registration
Wrong way in a one way
Also had to get it towed 200 yards, dumbest thing I've ever seen
Measured the burn out marks for the court = 112 ft.
Just list a few charges
Cop was a dick head

Any ways thanks for the great input

21 - 22 of 22 Posts