Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
1,055 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey guys, there is a gas station right by my house that sells the stuff...i am tuned for 93 right now. alot of the mustang and car guys around here use about a 50/50 mix of 93 and 110, any reason why not to do it?

·
Registered
1,055 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
but it cant hurt anything being leaded?...and anything besides a tune to benifit from it...even at the track where it is 114

·
Doc
37,101 Posts
I don't see why you would waste your money on it with out a proper tune for it.

it's like running 93 on a stock 87 octane tune.. it won't do anything but empty your pocket.

·
Registered
1,055 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
i see...so all im gonna get is that smell...

·
Registered
1,055 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
lol...well how much 110 in 1/2 tank of 93 would it take to get that race fuel smell?

·
Registered
3,164 Posts
pay the 75 bucks and get the tune for it and get some more HP...thats just my opinion

·
Registered
1,055 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
pay the 75 bucks and get the tune for it and get some more HP...thats just my opinion
working on it lol...i was just asking in the mean time if its worth it...what kind of hp gains would i expect with a good tune for it?

·
Registered
3,120 Posts
workin.... its not worth it man! I swear to you... you'll only see 10hp if that. Our cars with stock pistons, and stock heads, w/ no FI and no N20, just has no use for anything higher than 93 octane.

·
Premium Member
4,464 Posts
The problem is that 110 is so high your timing would be past MBT (mean best timing, or maximum brake torque). Going past MBT will yield less hp. With a 93 octane tune you are probably real close to MBT already.

·
Registered
1,055 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
ok thanks for the info...and what about once i get the heads ported...btw i have a guy doing it in the spring for 700

·
Registered
1,388 Posts
Not only is it a waste of money without adding more timing, it will also ruin your O2 sensors in short order. 110 octane is super high and for people with 25+psi, 250+ shots of juice, 13:1 compression, etc.
big +1 on that one...wouldnt it also foul plugs on a stock setup?

You'd just be pissing away money and possibly causing problems. Just stick with the 93 and leave the 110 for the big boys.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts