Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
188 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I attended the GOOTC (Get out of the Cold) event by Bad Mustang Club at Maryland International Raceway..
I ran My Best time to date

60' - 1.845
330 - 5.158
1/8 - 7.936
MPH - 87.91
1000 - 10.357
1/4 - 12.415
MPH - 109.35

I am Car S197 (5197)

4.6L 281 V8 3V Mod Motor.....
JLT II CAI 93 Tune (BamaChips)
Spyder Aluminum DS
Steeda UDP
Steeda CMDP
FRPP 4.10 Gears
CHE Lower Control Arms
JBA LT headers
JBA catted H-Pipe
MAC Axle Back Mufflers

Stock 5R55S Automatic Tranny.
BFG 275/40 17 Drag Radials mounted on Stock GT Rims
3575 Race weight w/ Driver

·
The Despised Vert
3,557 Posts
I have those same tires... and a supercharger... and you got me... nice times... what PSI are you running your drag radials at?

·
Registered
188 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I have those same tires... and a supercharger... and you got me... nice times... what PSI are you running your drag radials at?
Whats your best time and 60' I am running 22psi on the DR's

·
The Despised Vert
3,557 Posts
My best was 2.019 but I was average about 2.2... I was spinning badly

·
Registered
188 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 · (Edited)
My best was 2.019 but I was average about 2.2... I was spinning badly
I would first add Lower Control Arms, stiffen up the rear a bit.
second, I would look at some taller tires, use M&H or Micky Thompsons that will fit the stock 17" rims, the 20" rims are killing you the low profile tire smaller and is giving you a taller gear ratio, and the sidewalls do not flex so it's like driving on solid rubber tires. Are you running stock 3.31 or 3.55?

look are also doing a front sway bar delete, this will help plant the rear end better on a launch.

What is your trap speeds?

·
The Despised Vert
3,557 Posts
Got the LCAs installed.. need to get the relocate brackets on it still and the upper arm. I am running BFG G-Force DRs, 275/40,the 20"s are just for the street.. I agree about the taller tires. I thought running these smaller tires would effectively up my ratio some since they changed my speedometer... I am running 3.55s and I am a vert and I am lowered 2"..

·
Banned
15,799 Posts
not trying to bash you
even though its not bashing...
first those are great times
second s197s respond rediculously well to bolt ons

·
Registered
2,817 Posts
thats some very nice times, wish i could pull that off...........i'll be in the 12s within the next month though lol.

·
Registered
2,817 Posts
i have always heard it is the stickers that will get your time down that low..........maybee it IS the headlights........DUH, i cant believe im so dumb.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts