Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
The Despised Vert
3,557 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Sunday was my first time at the strip... 12.74 @ 109.91 after opinions and advise from MM peeps.... tonight 12.22 @ 113.62 ... R/T .053... 60' 1.789.. I had 6 runs under 12.5 .. All I can say is thanks... I think with practice I can get it under 12.. also it was 52 deg and when the sun went down my times went up... Man that is a fun time.. they told me NHRA rules say I have to get a fire jacket. Gotta get one before I can race again.

·
Self proclaimed A-hole
3,780 Posts
good job, but unless the rules changed from last year you do not need a jacket until 11.49, but you will also need a 6-point roll bar then also with harnesses.

·
Registered
5,372 Posts
very nice! were u on dr's or slicks?

·
The Despised Vert
3,557 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
My results are at the top of the thread.. I am running BFG G-Force DRs ... I need to find out KC's elevation. The big difference was lowering the tire pressure to just under 20psi

·
Registered
559 Posts
good job, but unless the rules changed from last year you do not need a jacket until 11.49, but you will also need a 6-point roll bar then also with harnesses.

ET is not relevant to the fire jacket. He's blown = jacket required/

·
Registered
559 Posts
i agree 11s are there with seat time

·
MM's Resident Ricer
9,892 Posts
ET is not relevant to the fire jacket. He's blown = jacket required/

uhhh since when? only jacket requirement is 11.99 this year

·
Registered
559 Posts
uhhh since when? only jacket requirement is 11.99 this year
i was being specific to the OP - after market blower requires fire jacket per NHRA Rules

·
Registered
7,599 Posts
Are u kidding... when the hell did they make a rule saying any car with a blower must wear a jacket. Gtps run like 14's. You think their making those guys wear jackets.

With the 113 mph you can run in the 11's. My dad has an 06 auto with a paxton. I drove it to an 11.99 at 113.56 mph. With like a shitty 1.79. Thats cause it's auto though.

What blower are u running?

·
Registered
559 Posts
Are u kidding... when the hell did they make a rule saying any car with a blower must wear a jacket. Gtps run like 14's. You think their making those guys wear jackets.

With the 113 mph you can run in the 11's. My dad has an 06 auto with a paxton. I drove it to an 11.99 at 113.56 mph. With like a shitty 1.79. Thats cause it's auto though.

What blower are u running?
as far as I know since 2006 cars with AFTER MARKET blowers are required to have the driver in a fire jacket

·
The Despised Vert
3,557 Posts
Discussion Starter #13 (Edited)
That is the new rule... times don't matter... also if I run below 11.5 I will need a roll cage... NHRA rules at the track I run at... BTW... dropped it a little further with the help of a shift light... from 12.23 to 12.15... only got 4 runs in with it and it started raining... more seat time required

·
Registered
559 Posts
That is the new rule... times don't matter... also if I run below 11.5 I will need a roll cage... NHRA rules at the track I run at... BTW... dropped it a little further with the help of a shift light... from 12.23 to 12.15... only got 4 runs in with it and it started raining... more seat time required
yours is a Vert no? if so NHRA requires a roll bar @ 13.49.

Cage at 10.00( iirc)

1 - 14 of 14 Posts