Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
I'm Ridin A Coyote!!!!!
6,481 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I literally just bought my 60 inch Sharp Aquos 120hz LED HDTV.

NOW we all know this gaming season is gonna be ****ing EPIC with XBOX ONE and PS4 dropping. Not to mention GTA5.....Forza 5....Dead Rising....Watch Dogs... omfg.......

Now is there a HUGE difference between 120 and 240hz? Is it worth letting my TV get sold for like half what I payed and spending another 800 $ on a similair tv set just for 240hz?

Be honest. My buddy said that "the human eye CAN NOT SEE THE DIFFERENCE and it is very unnatural and too smooth in 240hz".

Thanks fella's.

·
Loud Exhaust Enthusiast
5,051 Posts
Your buddy is right. 120hz is actually perfect for TV viewing because of the refresh rate and the frames per second that TV shows and movies are shot in. I own a 60" Aquos 240hz LED HDTV and you can actually turn on the 240hz refresh rate or leave it off which is good. I guess if games would run higher fps then it might be worth it but overall your eye can BARELY tell the difference. Most people prefer 120hz to 240hz because with 240hz, it does indeed feel "too smooth". When your TV has to compensate for it trying to refresh a frame that isn't there, you get this thing called "ghosting". It basically takes the previous frame and the next one and kind of guesses what its supposed to look like. This makes watching TV look really weird and unnatural. All in all, you should be fine with this TV for TV viewing and gaming.

·
I'm Ridin A Coyote!!!!!
6,481 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks guys.

I owe yall a 6 pack for saving me $....except you RunninOn6 lol.

---------- Post added at 12:09 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:07 AM ----------

Ah crap tried to send reps...****in phone....I willl once I get to my comp.

·
Made in U.S.A.
22,435 Posts
Good call. Now you could spend that money we just saved you on a sound system. Mount it on the wall yet? :D

·
I'm Ridin A Coyote!!!!!
6,481 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Oh yeah I seriously need a better audio setup...just the tv speakers blow.

I used to have a Sony 2.1 soundbar it was great. I might buy something similair.

---------- Post added at 08:48 AM ---------- Previous post was at 08:44 AM ----------

There, fixt
Haha yeah man it's absolutely mind boggling trying to decide on which brand/parts to get. I'm kinda tight financially wise, but the first thing has to be atleast an axleback. I can't decide between roush or steeda....or the outlaws....

·
Snakebyte
140 Posts
TV companies think if they increase something and throw a big number out at you, it will make you want to spend the extra money. Everyone is right on here, you cannot see 240hz. I personally have a 60" Sharp also, they are good TV’s.

·
Made in U.S.A.
22,435 Posts
TV companies think if they increase something and throw a big number out at you, it will make you want to spend the extra money. Everyone is right on here, you cannot see 240hz. I personally have a 60" Sharp also, they are good TV’s.
Agreed. It's just like anything. We all know these tech companies have far better products to release NOW but they don't. They do it slowly so they can get as many repeat buyers as possible.

·
Boss 302
2,886 Posts
I'll take a 60hz plasma over a 120/240hz LCD/LED any day.

No plasmas are not 600hz...they are 60hz sets split into 10 60hz sections. Instead of one giant 60hz section.

LCD/led 120hz and 240hz is just a processing effect. The screen refresh rate is still 60hz.

Some people like it, others like me hate it. Makes me feel sick. I prefer the smooth plasma for gaming. I play video games on my 65VT30 and have since it came out a few years back and no burn in....so...yay plasma! :)

Video games on consoles and cable/satellite providers don't even output to a point 120/240 is worth while. Most are 30/60hz outputs. The big push for 120/240 came from film media where output is 24hz or 24p.

Hence why plasmas will do 48hz 60hz and 96hz depending on model tier.

24 doesn't devide into 60 and requires a 3-2 pulldown to correctly show which can mess up the footage.

24 does devide into 48(considered pure output) 96/120/240/480.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Boss 302
2,886 Posts
I loved my 60" panasonic plasma till I deployed and had to sell it. :(

Great TV, I did tho have one burn from playing COD all night..lol
Yeah depends on how old it is. Past 2-3 years the models have been a lot better. Specially since Panasonic purchased a lot of the pioneer kuro tech.

Pioneer was well known for putting the P logo in red on their plasmas for 3 days straight at evens to turn them off and back on and the P be gone like it never sat their for 48 hours.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Loud Exhaust Enthusiast
5,051 Posts
I loved my 60" panasonic plasma till I deployed and had to sell it. :(

Great TV, I did tho have one burn from playing COD all night..lol
Lol I have a burn on my Plasma TV of the square mini map on my upper left corner from COD. You can only notice it if the screen is completely black and lit.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts