Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 20 of 53 Posts

·
Registered
566 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Looking at running nitrous since its cheaper and will get me where i want to be. I know alot about nitrous but will the stock plastic PI intake be good for a 125 shot since the runners are so long and curve sharply? I lightly gasket matched the intake to the heads so i hope that it doesnt crack because of the material i took off.. Anybody have experience running nitrous on stock intake please reply.

·
Registered
313 Posts
i ran 125 wet in my car no problems. alot of people run a stock tune, but i pulled acouple degrees of timing out to be safe. ran it once at the track, car went [email protected] with a 1.91 60' .. filling the bottle once a week gets old tho.

·
Registered
640 Posts
I run a 150 shot and I'm fine. Its the tuning that cause them to break

·
Registered
291 Posts
hey i got a complete wet system setup for sale if you are interested, everything is brand new and bottle hasnt even been filled once! adjusted from 75hp-125hp shot.......brand new zex wet system with everything you will need

·
Registered
16,245 Posts
how much ^

·
Registered
291 Posts
i ran 125 wet in my car no problems. alot of people run a stock tune, but i pulled acouple degrees of timing out to be safe. ran it once at the track, car went [email protected] with a 1.91 60' .. filling the bottle once a week gets old tho.

whaaaa you ran a 12.7 on a 125shot???? i run a 13.6 in 76degree weather with just regular bolt ons, what altitude are you at?

·
Registered
291 Posts
$625+shipping comes with bottle, all bracets, all lines, dual purge kit, custom gone and 60 seconds nitrous switch, and pre-bent lines for the dual purge to come out of the plastic cowl peice we have, blow down kit, bottle pressure guage

·
Registered
16,245 Posts
Thats just what i need... spray my car. :yes

·
Registered
16,245 Posts
lol... yeah sweet, i agree with you. I was just wondering the price as ive seen some pretty cheap nitrous kits lately. They seem to not cost too much. Sweet2kstang, what do you think these heads would be worth with my setup? I got my eye on a 04 cobra shortblock for a good price and thought about just getting it and throwing these heads on there. That would be an aight setup to get me close to 500rwhp safely huh?

·
Registered
291 Posts
people seriously run the stock tune? ive heard thats the stupidest thing you could do, something about you HAVE to pull timing otherwise you will throw your a/f WAY off, and cause detonation........are u saying they just bought the kit, installed it, along with colder plugs, and sprayed it? no tune?

·
Registered
16,245 Posts
yeah no tune would kinda scare me. Not to mention the fact that your not getting the most out of the setup.

·
mm's nitrous mod
12,988 Posts
lol... yeah sweet, i agree with you. I was just wondering the price as ive seen some pretty cheap nitrous kits lately. They seem to not cost too much. Sweet2kstang, what do you think these heads would be worth with my setup? I got my eye on a 04 cobra shortblock for a good price and thought about just getting it and throwing these heads on there. That would be an aight setup to get me close to 500rwhp safely huh?
that would be a decent set up. that will hold quiet a bit, more than you probably plan on throwing at it.

people seriously run the stock tune? ive heard thats the stupidest thing you could do, something about you HAVE to pull timing otherwise you will throw your a/f WAY off, and cause detonation........are u saying they just bought the kit, installed it, along with colder plugs, and sprayed it? no tune?
huh? you must not deal with nitrous much. you have to dial in the afr's not matter how you set it up. i have done it plenty of times as well. i dont recommend it, but can be done. i recommend -2 degree's for 125-150.

·
Registered
134 Posts
nice topic. ive been thinking bout nitrous for a long time now. i know the basics of it but dont know how to use it yet. just picked up a book bout nitrous for stangs and will see if what i come up with.

·
Registered
16,245 Posts
yeah i dont know much about it either...

spetsnaz... you had me thinking you were casper for a second just by glancing at your avatar. I was like "wait, thats not casper".

·
Registered
291 Posts
lol yea im new into nitrous as well.......when i had a decent job i wanted to go fast, so i bought the nitrous kit, but then lost my job and never had the money to tune it after words.......idk much about nitrous for our cars but id love to learn so when i do get money again if i still have the kit, i will be able to spray the hell outta it and make the bullitt fast like, having the name bullitt and being slow, its just not right

·
Registered
291 Posts
yeah i dont know much about it either...

spetsnaz... you had me thinking you were casper for a second just by glancing at your avatar. I was like "wait, thats not casper".
hey sorry i know this is off topic, but where did you buy your cams from? ive been looking for dealers and havent been able to come up with anything,

1 - 20 of 53 Posts