Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
586 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So my buddy and i did the cam install today all in all it went smooth took abouy 4 hrs with a lunch. Anyways fired up on bbr tune (without cams) it runs and drives like stock so far. No noises of any sort thank you baby jesus.
https://youtu.be/4wxCnf3jqFA

Only issue is i disconnected the battery and removed it when i reconnected everything my miles to empty was at 0 and my guage read about qurter tank. I went and put some gas in it and it reads about half of what it should? Whats up with that?

·
Registered
2,991 Posts
Mines done it with the gas gauge. Fixed itself a few starts later. Mine now does it with the voltage everytime I change my tune it shows way over charged....the way I fix it is try to start it without the clutch in a few times, you can see the gauge get better and better and then it's good to go.

·
Registered
874 Posts
I had those cams and they did their thing best top end rpms and I had long tubes. the stock exhaust manifolds might be restrictive. I believe I did the cams after headers and the o/r X so I can't testify how much restriction you have. More air in and more hot gasses out with less restriction almost always gives gains.

Funny thing about gages. Never had that happen to me. I pulled the battery countless times I wonder what caused your issue.

·
Registered
874 Posts
I did not dyno the car but I ran it in the 1\4 on stock rubber at full weight spare in the trunk with 230 lb driver 12.8 109mph with a 1.9 60'. That's with the stock converter, stock manifold with cmdp udp.

·
Registered
91 Posts
I did not dyno the car but I ran it in the 1\4 on stock rubber at full weight spare in the trunk with 230 lb driver 12.8 109mph with a 1.9 60'. That's with the stock converter, stock manifold with cmdp udp.
That is what my buddies new 15 ecoboost stang ran with a tune only. Incredible right? Technology!

·
Registered
874 Posts
Was with 4.10's those cams as well as others need them. The gears were by far the best bang for the buck.

·
Registered
13,626 Posts
I really wanted 390s but could not find them anywhere
WHAT? Google will get you 10 pages of 3.90 gears for our cars. Right off the top of my head I can guarantee the Richmond, Yukon, Motive, Jegs, Summit, US Standard, etc., will all have 3.90 gears for our cars. You can't really say you couldn't find them. Did you even look at websites like American Muscle?

Richmond Gears is who I would recommend, regardless of whatever ratio you decide to get.

·
Registered
586 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Im Sorry i mean for the price i wanted to pay! Lol 100 bucks for brand new gears is what i paid for my 373s

1 - 20 of 21 Posts