lift .490 "

ex 278 282
@.5 235 239
lift .480 .485

lobe center
115.5* 116.5*

I'm wondering if going with the 127350 will be more beneficial for
n2o?
And if there would be negative effects when running n/a?
Or am I just splitting hairs?
If you had a choice which one?

·
Registered
292 Posts
So put it this way, and by the way I have no answer at this time but it might help others on the board answer; which is more important, total NOS power or street power without NOS? In other words, if you are only going to run NOS once a year, maybe a typical street cam would do. If you run NOS every weekend to race, maybe you want a more agresssive cam. So what I am asking in a roundabout way is, what are the plans for the car? This would probably impact your cam decision.

·
Registered
177 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
The car is not really a daily driver, I take it out on the weekends and mash the pedal to the floor usually for a few hours at a time. 300 miles +
It will see the strip just a few time a year.
I want to throw on a s/c. But if I decide not to this year will the 127350 be better for the n2o kit I have?
I'm trying to kill 2 birds with one stone here.
1. If no s/c then cam bolt on that might work well with nitrous.
2. next year already have good s/c cam installed for s/c.
I think I'm just splitting hairs here anyway.
I'm debating on the expenditure of like $5000 compared to $1000
I have only 2 months of driving this car next year because of my school schedule.
I think I'm leaning toward just a cam bolt on in spring but finacially the s/c opportunity can be done. I'm just covering all my bases.

·
Bob The Mo'fukkin Builda!
10,234 Posts
imo you should always buy now for what your future/end goals are. as such i went with the 127500, heads, gears, and my diff. it was a toss up between that and going with the big KB. yeah the sc'er would have given me more power now, but that power would have put my stock bottom end at it's breaking limit. thus i opted to go the safer route and wait for the sc'er till after the engine is done. all that just to say always try to stick to your end goal. otherwise you'll be buying the same parts more than once.

·
Registered
177 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
127500s are some pretty big cams,hows the vacuum?
I've read some posts where there was some drivability issues.
Anybody get a good price on these things,springs,lockouts etc?

·
Registered
6,471 Posts
i have 127500's and a blower, zero driveability issues attributed to the cams thus far

·
10,234 Posts
i have no problems with driveability. nice and loapy just like everyone loves. i've gotten nothing but compliments with the cams. not often most people get to hear a newer mustang with cams. most just go straight to the sc'er

·
Registered
6,471 Posts
i have no problems with driveability. nice and loapy just like everyone loves. i've gotten nothing but compliments with the cams. not often most people get to hear a newer mustang with cams. most just go straight to the sc'er
or do both :D

·
10,234 Posts
eventually mickey eventually. have to do the bottom end first. also have an 86 now that needs a little tlc

·
All sissies going to Hell!
5,818 Posts
^ dude run the 5.0L all motor and beast. Maybe a 175 shot also.........and then run a turbo or blower on your s197 and beast with both cars :D

Just saying....

·
10,234 Posts
how nice it would be, but one of the cars has to be somewhat fuel friendly. the 86 gets around 21 in town. the 07 around 15 and i have an 81 bronco that i haven't gotten to drive yet, but i'm scared of it. a 351M couldn't be good on gas

1 - 16 of 16 Posts