Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
16,245 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Im still weighing up my options. Another member sent me a link that i am really considering. Pistons are stock bore. so im wondering if i could get away with just honing my block or would it be necessary to bore it .20 over?

·
Premium Member
9,751 Posts
wouln't know till your in there, probubly less than 50/50 that you'll get away with it though.

·
Registered
16,245 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
mother F-3r

·
Premium Member
9,751 Posts
if the deal on the pistons your looking at is right, get 'em anyway, you can allways re-sell 'em if thing's go bad.

·
Registered
16,245 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
they are manley pistons.

·
April 2012 ROTM
4,739 Posts
IMHO I would def bore them! lol but thats jus me.....if you can get em for super cheap buy em and re-sell em :D

·
Registered
6,139 Posts
it's likely it'll need a .20 over bore, but no way of knowing until you're in there like stated.

·
Baker Jr.
3,472 Posts
:deadhorse:

·
Registered
16,245 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
bandity stfu before i.....

Sorry for all the questions, im just trying to budget the F out of this.

·
Boost gets you laid
2,625 Posts
i really don't think you'll have to bore it out. unless you had an issue with it, when i pulled mine with 86k i could still see the honing on the cylinder walls. you should be able to get away with a new set of rings with the new stock bore pistons and call it a day.

·
Registered
16,245 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
how much does a machine shop generally charge to bore .20 over?

how much does a machine shop generally charge to balance a rotating assembly?

·
Registered
16,245 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
hell, if im going to do it, why not go .30 over? May work well with my blower, eh?

·
Baker Jr.
3,472 Posts
:deadhorse

·
Registered
16,245 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
^thats going to be us.... me with the bat and you on your back!

·
Baker Jr.
3,472 Posts
lmao :gay

·
Baker Jr.
3,472 Posts
maybe me beating ferrah while shes on her back :DDD

·
Registered
16,245 Posts
Discussion Starter #17 (Edited)
You wish! Did you see the pic i posted in my other thread. You were wanting a pic so there it was. Im sure you saw it too much.

I will say its tough having her driving around the mustang. Guys tend to STARE, hot girl driving a blown/cammed stang! its tough sometimes. I tend to be the type that snap as soon as someone even considers looking!

bout a year ago, i tried to snatch a grown guy out of his truck while me, farrah, and my mom (pretty lady), were walking across the street from moms work to get lunch. He bout broke his neck staring and hollered something only to stop at the red light. I ****ING SNAPPED! ran out there with my mom chasing me and ****. Lucky for him he got to drive off before i got there. He had already rolled his window up. There were 2 guys in there but **** em both! LOL. My mother was a lil bit PISSED and embarrased as she works with people that saw it all. My fuse is in deed SHORT but I FEEL has lengthened over the last year or so.

Sorry for the off topic. Bandit, Email me my vid foo....!!

Back on topic!!!

·
Registered
16,245 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
nobody knows an average cost for a bore?

·
Baker Jr.
3,472 Posts
hahaha damn bakerrrrr

·
Premium Member
9,751 Posts
nobody knows an average cost for a bore?
couple of hundered to prep a block. .030 is too much for a blower motor though, these motor's can only go .030 & thats pushing it.

1 - 20 of 34 Posts