Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
4POINT6
429 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Okay so I'm sure we have all read the write up on the $1500 supercharger kit so I am curious, is that entirely all I need? How much power can the stock injectors and fuel pump supply for? Income tax is almost here and if I can supercharge and tune my car for $2000, I will be VERY happy. Thanks guys.

·
Lexus FTW
4,411 Posts
I dont know about that whole 1500 dollar kit. But stock internals USUALLY are this
Heads: Seen them past 600RWHP
Crank:600RWHP
Pistons and Rods:425-450RWHP
Block:1000+HP
All motors are different, these are general rule of thumb numbers. Some blow sooner, some blow later :shiftyeyes
You will wanna get new injectors. I dont know what stock ones go to but I assure you you'll want different ones. I was told 42#'s puts you in the 550RWHP ballpark for a reference. Fuel Pump, same thing. They are cheap and you'll max its duty cycle fast. Dont know the numbers, maybe someone will chime in on it. Another $500 and you can EASILY have a good supporting fuel pump and injectors

·
Premium Member
1,135 Posts
Hey man, good luck with it. However, those prices are no longer valid and getting a good head unit is the key to everything.

·
MM's V6 Hater
13,422 Posts
Be ready to spend more than 1500. headunits are around 900 plus if you dont have a tuner, thats 250-400 and a dyno tune ~500

prices vary wildly

if you network around and look on the forums you can get a great deal.. I got my 5.1 stroker and t trim with aftercooler for 5000.00

·
Registered
484 Posts
With a used kit you're gonna have $2500-$3000 into it including a tune. Im almost done finding parts and ill be just under $3k

·
Carving corners
3,328 Posts
OP here are two links that are a better to follow in my opinion

http://www.moddedmustangs.com/forums/99-04/166475-people-who-want-go-supercharger-read.html

http://www.moddedmustangs.com/forums/modular-mustangs/152275-how-build-affordable-supercharger-kit.html

Its not going to happen for 1500, I bought my head unit alone rebuilt from Vortech for 800 last March. I have been slowly purchasing everything I need, I still need a fuel pump, Submersible Fuel Line and inter cooler with piping to complete my kit and without those items Im already at 2123.00. I've also purchased things that you dont absolutely need to be supercharged but I wanted for the build. But heres the thing buy piecing it together with all the components I want to use Im getting a hell of better deal. You can have an inter cooled system that still costs less than a new kit.

·
Registered
11,185 Posts

·
Registered
672 Posts
OP here are two links that are a better to follow in my opinion

http://www.moddedmustangs.com/forums/99-04/166475-people-who-want-go-supercharger-read.html

http://www.moddedmustangs.com/forums/modular-mustangs/152275-how-build-affordable-supercharger-kit.html

Its not going to happen for 1500, I bought my head unit alone rebuilt from Vortech for 800 last March. I have been slowly purchasing everything I need, I still need a fuel pump, Submersible Fuel Line and inter cooler with piping to complete my kit and without those items Im already at 2123.00. I've also purchased things that you dont absolutely need to be supercharged but I wanted for the build. But heres the thing buy piecing it together with all the components I want to use Im getting a hell of better deal. You can have an inter cooled system that still costs less than a new kit.
Well You don't NEED an intercooler to make a supercharger functional. But it does help for HP. I think that just to get a supercharged motor he can do it for 1500 dollars. He just won't be pushing the horsepower that a more expensive one will.

·
Carving corners
3,328 Posts
Well You don't NEED an intercooler to make a supercharger functional. But it does help for HP. I think that just to get a supercharged motor he can do it for 1500 dollars. He just won't be pushing the horsepower that a more expensive one will.
MineralGreyGT said:
I've also purchased things that you dont absolutely need to be supercharged but I wanted for the build.
yea i know thats why i wrote this in my post

·
Premium Member
1,906 Posts
OP. You get what you pay for. Even if you manage to build and install a kit for that much you will likely end up replacing parts sooner than you planned to correct issues and or up the anty. It is far cleaner and cheaper in the long run to do it right the first time. Very few include the cost of tuning and retuning and rework in those posts.

·
4POINT6
429 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Well as long as the headunit is good, it should be fine because all other parts are brand new. If you buy the kit from superchargers online, you can buy all the parts seperatly and get the same exact kit for $800 cheaper. It's just they know people wont do that. They will just buy the kit for simplicity.

·
Premium Member
1,135 Posts
I don't think you can including tuning in that price. Maybe, if you find something dirt cheap.

·
Garage Built
1,098 Posts
OP. You get what you pay for. Even if you manage to build and install a kit for that much you will likely end up replacing parts sooner than you planned to correct issues and or up the anty. It is far cleaner and cheaper in the long run to do it right the first time. Very few include the cost of tuning and retuning and rework in those posts.
This guy is correct, i was able to find a non intercooled vortech with everything i needed except for i BAP. I paid $1350, but since ive been reading around i decided to upgrade it so that i can have a much better setup. Now im spending around $2500 after piecing together everything. But im buying items that are known to work such as the pmas maf and tial blow off valve. Its much better to buy everything you need now for the future so you dont have to replace things later.

·
Registered
5,410 Posts
Got my kit for 1500 used + add price of plugs,injectors, pump,tune. Etc..

·
Registered
21,024 Posts
I did mine for around $1500. But later on, I replaced the intercooler ~ $150, BOV ~ $250 Pulley + belt ~ $100, home made power pipe ~ $50 few other things Im sure.

I found my dad a V1 S trim for $400 about 3 months ago. Deals are out there, just look around!

·
Registered
5,175 Posts
I got my kit "used" for $1500 not complete. :shiftyeyes Just needed a h/e and a couple measly parts. I also had to have a lot more beforehand to even run the blower to its capacity. But.....i wouldnt look at what ive done and expect other people to do the same. Ive been patient and my build is in a whole new ballpark that most people dont expect to get to

1 - 20 of 24 Posts