Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 20 of 49 Posts

·
BYAHHHH!
18,672 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I found some stock v6 rims and may get them to put some drag radials on. I'd love some 15's but want to keep the sleeper look and save the money. What is the width on them 7 or 8in? All I need is a 275 in a 28in tire.

Mustang Wheels - 16"

any ideas or suggestions of tires...?

·
Registered
3,405 Posts
I'm not sure of the width off hand. but I know someone who had some 28x10x16 hoosier slicks on a set of v6 wheels and he cut 1.5 60's with them with very minor suspension work. with a 28" tire having a 16" wheel vs a 15" wheel wont make much of a difference i wouldn't think.

·
Registered
11,469 Posts
7 inch wide. and a intercooler in the front is still sleeper? come on its track tires who cares what they look like as long as they got some good rubber on them. spend the few extra dollars on some aluminum 15's

·
BYAHHHH!
18,672 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I rather not spend 1300 for a nice set of drag wheels. And the GT bumper hides the intercooler.

(d) 275/55R16

would these work?

·
Registered
7,991 Posts
I got the cheap summit stars then powder coated just the star black and got TOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOONS of compliments on them. was only 430 shipped to the door for 15x8's and 15x4?

·
Registered
11,469 Posts
your going to kick your self in the face for not going with enough tire and moving slow threw the traps. but if you like the challange of getting down the track on a so so tire setup, its up to you

·
Registered
7,991 Posts

·
BYAHHHH!
18,672 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
i want to keep a sleeper look

·
Registered
7,991 Posts
275/60/15 on the 8 inch wheel, not a whole lot of buldge

·
Registered
7,991 Posts
i want to keep a sleeper look
dude, unless the people in your area are all drooling helmet wearing window licking water heads, when they see a car on "v6" wheels with a lot of bulge then hear a turbo spool, theres no sleeper look you snapper head

·
Registered
3,405 Posts
regaurdless of the rim style you're gonna have a good size tire on the back and it'll be obvious it's not a street tire. so the sleeper effect goes out the window lol

·
BYAHHHH!
18,672 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
ha...i dont think a lot of people know Mustang v6 to v8 wheels. If I went with 15's I dont want somethign everyone else has really...

·
Registered
11,469 Posts
sleeper looks are over rated. unless all you plan on doing is roll racing you fool many people. hell tires is the only think i ever care about. 500 hp on a set of sumi's is a win in my book. walk behind and see some mt drag radials, then i may be a little cautous

·
BYAHHHH!
18,672 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Shopping Cart

405 total...should I...Id powder coat black too for sure

·
Registered
11,469 Posts
i would go with a 10 inch wide rim, then you can run a 10-12 inch slick later on down the road if you choose to be a man

·
BYAHHHH!
18,672 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
i would go with a 10 inch wide rim, then you can run a 10-12 inch slick later on down the road if you choose to be a man
lol yeah I guess so.

I want a 28in tire thats the problem with the 16's

1 - 20 of 49 Posts