Modded Mustang Forums banner
1 - 20 of 68 Posts

·
Registered
635 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've been set on 18's for awhile, but I heard they can hurt your performance and cause some problems now and then.

All I hear about 17's, is a lot of good things. The only thing I don't like about them is that certain wheels can look kind of small on our 99-04 Mustangs.

I'm having a really tough time deciding on the size of the wheel, and what kind of wheel for my silver GT. It's very difficult to figure this out. I'd rather a darker rim, like gun metal, black, or black chrome; just because my GT has that whole black/silver theme going on now. I have the dark smoked headlights, chin spoiler, grill delete, smoked fog lights, and I'm thinking about getting them smoked tailights also, I just wanna see how everything looks after I get the wheels put on. My car also has the H&R SS sports, so new wheels will really give the car a new look.

Just let me know what you guys think. Thanks a lot! :)

·
Registered
635 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·

·
Banned
7,007 Posts
Get 18's if you can afford the tires, they are considerably more than a 17" tire.

If you already have all your black accents then I would get black wheels too. Gunmetal or black chrome might look alright, but a nice set of black wheels with a polished lip would probably fit the overall scheme and theme of your car. IMO wheels that are completely black look kinda goofy, but it just depends on what you like. It'd be sick if you could find some black saleens with a polished lip.

·
Registered
1,237 Posts
Get 18's if you can afford the tires, they are considerably more than a 17" tire.

If you already have all your black accents then I would get black wheels too. Gunmetal or black chrome might look alright, but a nice set of black wheels with a polished lip would probably fit the overall scheme and theme of your car. IMO wheels that are completely black look kinda goofy, but it just depends on what you like. It'd be sick if you could find some black saleens with a polished lip.
agreed!!!

if you have a steady job and will for awhile go for the 18s personally i think the 99-04 sn95's look good lowered with 17s but 18s do give it that extra bit thats needed.

imo dont get the all black i think they look cheap kinda like a unexperienced painter did the rims and did the whole rim cuz he lacked the talent to add some character to em. black or i think they are a black chrome color saleens 18's would look sick

Black-Chrome Mustang Saleen Wheel 94-04 (18x10) at AmericanMuscle.com - Free Shipping!

imo GET EM!!!! good luck broski

·
Registered
635 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·

Yeah man, I really should stick with getting 18's. I wanna get the meaty tires on the rear too, I guess 305's is the most I can go without rubbing anything? I agree on black wheels with a polished lip, and all black wheels, IMO also, don't look right.

·
Registered
16,245 Posts
18's

·
It's in the details Mod!
11,051 Posts
19's up front and 20's in the rear. That's just my opinion though. :D

Bteween what you have, I would say 18's. I think 17's look way to small on these cars.

·
Registered
635 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I guess 305's is the most I can go without rubbing anything? QUOTE]

no you can go with 315s and believe it or not i know the nitto 315s are cheaper than the 305's

what did you think about the black chrome 18in saleens

I was actually thinking of going with black chrome saleens for a few months now. My mind was pretty set on them, but I still need to see some more pictures of them on 99-04 Mustangs until I'm completely satisfied with them...

·
Registered
634 Posts
Just chiming in but, I know that 18's would set the car off nice, however noone has said id they hurt driveability or performance yet???? I might end up getting 18's!! I'm deploying soon so money won't be an issue!! :)

·
Registered
1,237 Posts
I was actually thinking of going with black chrome saleens for a few months now. My mind was pretty set on them, but I still need to see some more pictures of them on 99-04 Mustangs until I'm completely satisfied with them...
ill see what i can do on finding some. im on base right now so i cant put up the actual pic but ill post the url

·
Banned
7,007 Posts
Just chiming in but, I know that 18's would set the car off nice, however noone has said id they hurt driveability or performance yet???? I might end up getting 18's!! I'm deploying soon so money won't be an issue!! :)
You aren't going to notice a drop in performance going from 17s to 18s. Going from 17s to 22s, probably but 18s are not that much heavier. As far as drivability you're only losing 1/2" of sidewall so it's probably not going to be an issue either. I'm curious to see how my car is gonna ride on 19s.

If 18s hurt performance, upgrade engine or suspension to put more power to the ground. If 18s hurt the driveability, get some coilovers :)

·
It's in the details Mod!
11,051 Posts
50muscle. I had to rep you for those pics man. That is the way to help someone out.

·
Not a Rational Car Guy
38,186 Posts
I personally feel, on New Edges, that 17's are too small.

I always say 18's look the best. Sometime 19's on these cars.

:2cents

·
Not a Rational Car Guy
38,186 Posts
:withhomo

I have 18" 03/04's and love them :yes

1 - 20 of 68 Posts