Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Shoulda had a V8
551 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Im planning on staggered bullitt wheels, should I opt for 17s or 18s? Would 17s be too small/akward looking? Or are 18s too large and ghetto looking? Thanks guys.

·
DEC '12 ROTM CO-Winner
5,081 Posts
I'd say 18's. They tend to fill up the wheel well more and overall look better IMO.

·
Registered
1,624 Posts
Personally for me it would depend on the brakes you are gonna use. The stock v6/gt brakes use the 17s, if you are gonna up to cobra brakes I would say 18's. Personally I dont like when people get huge rims when the rotors look super small behind them (not to say the 18's would look huge, just to big for me)

·
needs more boost
4,897 Posts
I have 17" staggered bullitts and don't think they look awkward :dunno I agree with 18s looking good though I just didn't want to roll my fenders in order to run 315s.

·
Premium Member
2,063 Posts
Im planning on staggered bullitt wheels, should I opt for 17s or 18s? Would 17s be too small/akward looking? Or are 18s too large and ghetto looking? Thanks guys.
Hey,

You really can't go wrong with the bullitt wheel, great choice! The size of the rim is going to be a very opinionated question. I'd probably go with a set of 18's and a nice lowering spring! That will bring the stance of your car together really nicely.

What finish Bullitt wheels are you after? Let me know if I can be of any assistance!

Best of luck with your decision.

-Dan

·
Shoulda had a V8
551 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Sorry for the late response guys, gosh dang thread got moved and I couldn't find it. Probably gonna run staggered 18s when I pony up the cash for this. Thanks Dan! Definitely leaning towards the gloss black/chrome and I'll talk to you for sure, AM has a pretty good deal with the tire/wheel package!

·
aloha ke akua
13,177 Posts
ONLY DO 18'S IF YOU'RE GOING TO GO LOWER. That cannot be emphasized enough!

Buy 17's if not.

If you go 18's with no lowering springs, it'll look like a Jeep.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts