Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Registered
1,436 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What size tires can I fit? What sizes in street tires are available? And could I fit my 275/40/17 g-force sport's that barely fit my stocker's? Chart say's they can fit any rim from 8.5-11...

·
Registered
4,406 Posts
315's are a perfect fit. I wouldn't put a smaller tire than that. Unless its a 305, (some brands make 305 instead of the 315). Point of wider rims is a wider tire :D Hell some put 335's of 10.5's.

·
Registered
1,436 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Oh and by all means...if you have some...please feel free to show them off... Mines blacked out in the back..so ima go with the black bullit's with the widest tire I can possibly fit on the back of it...

·
Banned
7,007 Posts
Oh No!!! Another how big can I go thread!!!! Just kiddin

10.5 = 315
9 = 275
8=245

that's how it should be. that's what'll make your car drive and handle the best. you can go bigger at the risk of tire bulge. some people will tell you that it's fine, but I wouldn't do it. You got 10.5s so a 315 will be plenty of tire

·
Registered
1,436 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Well I aint got them yet...but just wandering if I can squeak by on 275's for a lil till I ethier make them bald or aford a new pair...

·
Registered
4,987 Posts
315s. I just ordered mine from american muscle two days ago there on sale for 248 shipped for 2.

·
Registered
1,436 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
248? That's just tires right? And which tires? I won't run the sumitomo...by friend has them on his 10.5's and they don't provide a whole lot of grip

·
Registered
1,436 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
The ONLY thing I liked bout my buddys 315 sumi's were that they could put on one hell of a smoke show

·
Abyssinian of AX
7,994 Posts
What size tires can I fit? What sizes in street tires are available? And could I fit my 275/40/17 g-force sport's that barely fit my stocker's? Chart say's they can fit any rim from 8.5-11...
If you are referring to stock '02 GT wheels, they are 8" wide and much too thin for a 275 tire, so certainly not too wide :no

315's are a perfect fit. I wouldn't put a smaller tire than that. Unless its a 305, (some brands make 305 instead of the 315). Point of wider rims is a wider tire :D Hell some put 335's of 10.5's.
Please don't go anything over a 315 on a 10.5" wheel :yes

Oh No!!! Another how big can I go thread!!!! Just kiddin

10.5 = 315
9 = 275
8=245

that's how it should be. that's what'll make your car drive and handle the best. you can go bigger at the risk of tire bulge. some people will tell you that it's fine, but I wouldn't do it. You got 10.5s so a 315 will be plenty of tire
:cool:

Jazzer :)

PS. Did someone say Sumi's :spank

·
Registered
1,203 Posts

where can you get bigger tires than 315 for the 10.5?

·
Abyssinian of AX
7,994 Posts
^ please DON'T run larger than 315's on a 10.5" wheel = poor fit :yes

Jazzer :)

·
US Air Force (retired)
13,542 Posts
People have run 275/40s on a 10.5 wheel. It's not optimal but it works. Almost everyone believes it looks a little odd but if your out of money you do what you have to do. According to the tire size calculator below a 275 is 10.8 inches wide and it can be stretched to fit up to an 11" wide wheel. It also says that a 10.5" wheel is the minimum size for a 315.

Tire Size Calculator - tire & wheel plus sizing

·
Registered
978 Posts
315's looks the best on the tire. grab some Nittos from AM and dont think twice! i f**ked up and got Sumi's and regret it everyday.

·
Abyssinian of AX
7,994 Posts
^ turns out... you're not so crazy after all :eek:

·
Penetration before detonation
2,189 Posts
+100000 DON'T GET SUMITOMO FOR THE REAR!

They lasted about a year, max. They were struggling toward the end- I could shift hard and lose traction going into fourth if I wanted to with those tires.

I don't mind them, however, on the front, where their job stays pretty easy. The fronts lasted about three years, just ordered replacements, and they'll be here Monday. Cheap and easy.

1 - 20 of 37 Posts