Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 20 of 54 Posts

·
Registered
649 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Disregarding opinions on looks, I'm looking for mechanical info. Would 20" wheels clear inside the wheel well of a Mustang thats dropped 1.75" both front and rear? Would any modifications be needed?

About the 18" wheels, would 18x10s work on both front and back, or is it just smarter to stagger 18x9 up front?

Haven't decided which size I want 18 or 20" , but I like those 20" newer mustang rims

·
-- Logan --
2,202 Posts
20's on New Edge mustangs is ****ing retarded... They fit a look way way different then the newer ones; so out of these i'd say 18's. However to be honest I prefer 17's.

9" wide in the front (10 will not clear with lowering springs)
10" wide in the rear

·
Banned
1,473 Posts
lmao, geet your 20's and slam it, then discontinue your membership on this or any other mustang forum, lol. unless you learn how to ignore death threats and over the top HATRED!

as for mods all ya gotta do is pay attention to backspacing and roll you inner fender lip. you can lower it just fine on a 20x10 with 6" backspacing out back, and 20x8.5 up front. at one point i was lowered over 2" with 20's and after these simple things i never rubbed at all :)

·
Registered
649 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
"Disregarding opinions on looks, I'm looking for mechanical info."

I see the very first sentence was read carefully. lol..

Thanks for the info, I'm looking into either the chrome chip foose legend 20" rims or 18" bullitts like I have now just an " bigger. The 17s just look too small. My mom's little solstice came with bigger factory rims...

·
Registered
649 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
nice looking mustang btw tony

·
Banned
1,473 Posts
^thanks, yea those wheels have the exact same specs as the wheels i have. if you went with those i can tell you exactly what you would need to do to drop it that amount.

1st thing is you will want a spacer in the rear (1"). especially if you do 8.5's all around. if you stagger them the spacer will still be good to keep you from rubbing your quad shock.

then all ya gotta do is roll the inner fender lip. even though you have a new edge and i dont. i'm pretty sure the platforms are exact. doing this will def allow plenty of clearance and you will get no rubbing with those foose wheels. great looking wheel btw :)

·
super serious
6,254 Posts
"Disregarding opinions on looks, I'm looking for mechanical info."

I see the very first sentence was read carefully. lol..

Thanks for the info, I'm looking into either the chrome chip foose legend 20" rims or 18" bullitts like I have now just an " bigger. The 17s just look too small. My mom's little solstice came with bigger factory rims...

For the love of God, ANYTHING but those.

20s can look fine on a new edge, but you have to have the right wheels to pull it off. It's not gonna happen with either of those two.

Hell, even these would look decent (to some people).

·
Registered
1,742 Posts

For the love of God, ANYTHING but those.

20s can look fine on a new edge, but you have to have the right wheels to pull it off. It's not gonna happen with either of those two.

Hell, even these would look decent (to some people).

Yeah i agree. I think any kind of amr/sve or 5 spoke wheel can look good. I personally would go with a different choice than the foose or bullitts. Jmo though. Have you given thought to an 18 up front and 19 rear?

·
Anandavenkatakrishnan
21,386 Posts
18s or bust man. Never ever come on a Mustang forums and ask to put 20s a on new edge :lol

Tonys car somehow pulls it off. Maybe its jsut the wheels he has :dunno

·
Registered
303 Posts
Like Tony said...20s and slam it but I think 19s can work as well. Just don't get some cheap wheels please.

·
Registered
1,575 Posts
With the right wheel and suspension you can pull off 20s.

·
Registered
5,410 Posts
decent tires are going to be so much more expensive for any kind of decent 20's..

Plus mustangs look best staggered on 17's or 18's. fat tires out bag skinnier in front.

·
Registered
649 Posts
Discussion Starter #20

If I have 18x10's in the rear, is this what it looks like?

Also off subject, where is a good place to buy headlamps like these? I tried blacking mine out but somehow the tint dissapeared after a few months.

1 - 20 of 54 Posts