Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Banned
848 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Now im not really asking for any of you to make the decision for me, but it would be really helpful if some of you who have either one of these setups would like to share some pictures on this thread for me to make a decision. I'm in the process of moving into the appearance mods and im stuck between 17x9 (front) 17x10 (rear) or 18x9 (front) 18x10 (rear). Let me in on your thoughts, regrets and pain (if any).

Thank you
:D

·
Registered
192 Posts
I feel like 18's look a tad better but tires are much cheaper on 17's. Either way u go it will look good.

·
Registered
1,994 Posts
I feel like 18's look a tad better but tires are much cheaper on 17's. Either way u go it will look good.
couldnt have said it any better myself :D

i've had both.... loved both.... but if you plan on running deep dish or anything wide in the rear, you might want to check some prices on tires before you make your decision ;)

·
Banned
848 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)

Seems like you have the exact same setup I'm looking for. That or the fr500's. What size tire did you go with for the front and rear?

·
Banned
848 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
couldnt have said it any better myself :D

i've had both.... loved both.... but if you plan on running deep dish or anything wide in the rear, you might want to check some prices on tires before you make your decision ;)
The price of the tire doesn't concern me as much as comfort or ride harshness. I guess my current suspension setup should be sufficient enough to handle it. I really need to see pictures from members to make a decision. The pictures on AM aren't categorized correctly.

·
Registered
4,372 Posts
ok you said that you dont care about how much the tires are so it seems like you've already made up your decision. Go with 18's. they will give you the Best look. 18's will give you better ride quality and a 2-5MPH higher top speed. WHOOO.

·
Registered
3,112 Posts
yeah i have 18s.. in my fr500 and i got them because i wanted to fill in the finder alot better plus 18in chrome deep dish rims are da Sh*t..lol on thing that really sucks though are the tire prices.. like dr prices if you gonna run them sucks... 300 bucks a tire in a 315 in 18s.. i have 245/40/18 in the front, and bfg kdws 295/35/18 in the rear and my car looks pretty mean... to bad the damn thing slow..lol my rears with the hook up cost me 240 a piece..

·
Registered
1,283 Posts
so what is the price differences on the tires size. I run 245/45/zr18 all around and they are $140 each (to damn much for someone with a summer job lol). What is the prices for the same tire to fit a 17?

·
Boost gets you laid
2,625 Posts
17's

18's

·
Banned
848 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
18's it is! seems like the larger rim and tire size seem to fill in the gap. Thank you all!

·
Registered
3,112 Posts
sum 315 drs on a 17 if you get the hook up you can get them for about 150 a tire.. 18s 300 a tire

·
Banned
848 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
I have to say that your combination looks great! With my mach being about .5 lower might make a difference. What tire size are you running FOUR POINT SIX?

·
Banned
848 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Shocker, your car is gorgeous. :yes

And I like the 18 look, to the OP.

Shocker has a nice ride indeed. Bobbo! I love the stance on that black GT. My Black stang brings the estrogen out of the women i meet!...lol

1 - 20 of 35 Posts