Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 20 of 195 Posts

·
:)
11,583 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Many people seem to post pics of their guns whenever someone asks for gun advice. Thought I'd just start an M4carbine.net style picture thread, where specific guns get specific picture threads just for that gun, now that we have a gun sub forum.

Anywho, I know many of you have 1911's, so post up!

(Somebody else make an AR15 picture thread, I'm too f'n lazy).

(I know my pics suck, but I was experimenting with my phone cam settings and got these pics)

WARNING!: MANY REDUNDANT PICTURES

contrast up!

exposure up!

·
Will Eat Spam From Your Butt
6,807 Posts
Many people seem to post pics of their guns whenever someone asks for gun advice. Thought I'd just start an M4carbine.net style picture thread, where specific guns get specific picture threads just for that gun, now that we have a gun sub forum.

Anywho, I know many of you have 1911's, so post up!

(Somebody else make an AR15 picture thread, I'm too f'n lazy).

(I know my pics suck, but I was experimenting with my phone cam settings and got these pics)

WARNING!: MANY REDUNDANT PICTURES

Sweet rifle bro. :shiftyeyes

I want one of these so bad.

AMT Hardballer Longslide. 7" Barrel. :drool

·
I Blumpkin Entirely Way Too Much
6,802 Posts
Love the idea man, hopefully i can post some pictures this weekend of my 1911. (that is, if i buy one...haha)

What would be awesome would be a Picture sticky...

That way you could click on the sticky, and inside it had sub catagories for "1911" "ar15" "ak47" "conceal carry" "shotgun"

Something along those lines. idk, but i'll def keep my eye on this thread. Hope it takes off like wild fire.

·
Will Eat Spam From Your Butt
6,807 Posts
Love the idea man, hopefully i can post some pictures this weekend of my 1911. (that is, if i buy one...haha)

What would be awesome would be a Picture sticky...

That way you could click on the sticky, and inside it had sub catagories for "1911" "ar15" "ak47" "conceal carry" "shotgun"

Something along those lines. idk, but i'll def keep my eye on this thread. Hope it takes off like wild fire.
I dig it. Reps.

·
Registered
2,247 Posts
My 1st 1911 i bought a few years ago. Had to sell it last year though when I lost my job. Been kicking myself ever since.

·
6,802 Posts
how did you like that Taurus?? I've owned a couple different Taurus pistols, and they were sooo comfy to me. I plan on buying a 1911 this weekend, and like the looks of the Taurus model.

·
Super Moderator
39,159 Posts
Sorry Fox, I know you liked your Taurus 1911, but this has to be said.

DO NOT buy a Taurus 1911 unless it is practically free. The finish, parts fit, and parts quality are completely substandard to their price point. There are FAR better pistols for the money than the Taurus. They do offer more features than similarly priced guns, but the craftsmanship and quality just isn't there.

·
Registered
541 Posts
picking up a 1911 this weekend, although its not a .45ACP. I cant afford the ammo as im a college student. so I will be picking up my ATI GSG 1911 in .22 caliber. seeing as i spend most of my money on shotgun shells for hunting... im not going to spend 25 plus dollars on a box of 45 just to shoot for 10 min when i could be killing dove and duck.

·
11,583 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
picking up a 1911 this weekend, although its not a .45ACP. I cant afford the ammo as im a college student. so I will be picking up my ATI GSG 1911 in .22 caliber. seeing as i spend most of my money on shotgun shells for hunting... im not going to spend 25 plus dollars on a box of 45 just to shoot for 10 min when i could be killing dove and duck.
I'm a college student as well, but .45 ACP is only about $16 for a box of 50 230 gr fmj's at academy (not sure if you have academy where you are)... $25 for 50 winchester ranger hollow points, however.

·
Registered
2,247 Posts
Sorry Fox, I know you liked your Taurus 1911, but this has to be said.

DO NOT buy a Taurus 1911 unless it is practically free. The finish, parts fit, and parts quality are completely substandard to their price point. There are FAR better pistols for the money than the Taurus. They do offer more features than similarly priced guns, but the craftsmanship and quality just isn't there.
I will say this. I've had two taurus pt-1911s. 1 was brand new out of the box and the other was used. The brand new one ran like a top. To me it out classed springfield and it fit me better than most of the kimbers i've held. I've even had kimber guys tell me they liked their pt1911s better.

Now that being said I will say that they do wear out faster than a springfield or a kimber would. Back when I bought mine you could get them for a little over $600. Now they are like $750 or more brand new. Used ones run in the $500 range. I'd buy a used one for $450-500. I would NOT buy one at full price new.

I haven't owned enough 1911s in that range to know but I was quite happy with mine.

I have been wanting to get my hands on a rock island armory though because they feel like solid weapons.

·
Registered
891 Posts
Cool, here's mine:
My Colt

Old Para 14-45

Kimber Custom Tactical HDII

Kimber Desert Warrior

Kimber Pro Raptor II

and some bad pics of my Colt Ace (.22lr), inherited from Grandfather, along with an old Colt slide, that one day I will use to build another 1911.

·
11,583 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Nice collection, Mjpjr! Does the shorter original grip safety beavertail provide significant protection from hammerbite? That is the shorter one where the hammer goes further back than where it ends? I get none from mine, but then mine is the longer ww2 style one.

·
6,802 Posts
I will say this. I've had two taurus pt-1911s. 1 was brand new out of the box and the other was used. The brand new one ran like a top. To me it out classed springfield and it fit me better than most of the kimbers i've held. I've even had kimber guys tell me they liked their pt1911s better.

Now that being said I will say that they do wear out faster than a springfield or a kimber would. Back when I bought mine you could get them for a little over $600. Now they are like $750 or more brand new. Used ones run in the $500 range. I'd buy a used one for $450-500. I would NOT buy one at full price new.

I haven't owned enough 1911s in that range to know but I was quite happy with mine.

I have been wanting to get my hands on a rock island armory though because they feel like solid weapons.
Wow, thats up there a ways for a Taurus. I found a brand new remington r1 1911 for ~500 with the fee's. Thats the one im more leaning towards. Even though i really really want a ruger 1911.

·
Cornholed Manthusiast
3,985 Posts
I have a GSG 1911 .22, and have always been happy with it, but the other day at the range, I pulled the trigger on the 2nd round into a mag, and my spring flew out the front end. Scared the crap out of me. Apparently they used cheap metal for the barrel bushing and what not, so my barrel bushing cracked and the spring flew out the front end. This problem is fairly common, and from what I've read they are very helpful and will take care of the problem. Have to wait til this finals madness is over to call them.

1 - 20 of 195 Posts