Modded Mustang Forums banner

61 - 80 of 195 Posts

·
:)
11,583 Posts
Discussion Starter #63 (Edited)
If it will even last 500 rounds :shiftyeyes

:potstir

Pshhht we all know that taurus won't last 50 rounds before that thumb safety falls off :lmao

Google: Taurus 1911 thumb safety

i looked through VZ, couldnt find find any that appealed to me, but i do wanna try one of the gator backs. but ima put 500 rounds with my stock grips since they feel good to me and we will see.

*PEOPLE*

SHOW ME SUM GRIPZ!
Here are some horrible grips you may like, since you have already demonstrated bad taste and poor decision making. :p

·
11,583 Posts
Discussion Starter #64
just bought 250 rds of .45 today (and some earplugs lol)! tomorrow will be a very good day.
What ammo did you get? So the 1911 is louder than the M4? I never noticed the difference in loudness. Whenever I shot my AR or 1911, they all made a loud bang, but I never paid attention to its volume.

·
Not Banned
6,620 Posts
i just picked up some remington UMC. i just need bulk ammo right now while i get a feel for this pistol. keep in mind, i've been shooting M9's almost exclusively for the past 5 years, so i need some practice. walmart had a semi-decent price on it ($96) so i picked it up.

and idk, maybe i've just gotten used to the report of an M4, but this .45 left my ears ringing. my ears haven't rang like that since basic training.

·
Not Banned
6,620 Posts
i personally just prefer not to use ear pro. i'm sure i used some in basic, but over the years i've just gotten used to the M4 (probably to the point that i will never hear certain frequencies again). but the 1911 is different, the ears not only ring, but there's a "numbness" that i never got from my M4.

i always use eyepro whenever i can though. i can live with being a little deaf, but i really don't like taking chances with my eyes. i recently spent well over $2000 on lasik so i'd rather not just waste that money lol.

oh, and for those that don't use eyepro because you think you won't get hit with anything. yesterday when i was shooting, i was aiming at a board with a target painted on it. apparently, there was a rock down there behind it because i took a shot and just saw an explosion of what looked like sand. then my brother, standing directly behind me, says, "oh ****! ****!" i look back and he's rubbing his hip. he reaches down and picks up a massive bullet fragment (like half the size of an entire .45). i guess it had ricocheted off the rock, then frizbee'd around me, and hit my brother in the belt area.

·
MM's Samsquanch
707 Posts
i personally just prefer not to use ear pro. i'm sure i used some in basic, but over the years i've just gotten used to the M4 (probably to the point that i will never hear certain frequencies again). but the 1911 is different, the ears not only ring, but there's a "numbness" that i never got from my M4.

Even my .40 seems to have quite a louder "bark" to it than the m9 or m16, my ears ring worse with 16 rounds out of my XDm than it seems like they did with a whole firing line of 54 people with m16's

·
Not Banned
6,620 Posts
Even my .40 seems to have quite a louder "bark" to it than the m9 or m16, my ears ring worse with 16 rounds out of my XDm than it seems like they did with a whole firing line of 54 people with m16's
lol, right? i never even had a problem with 249's. ya, after a box of 5.56, my ears will ring, but it subsides after a couple minutes. 50 rds of this .45 left my ears ringing and numb for well over 4 hours.

·
11,583 Posts
Discussion Starter #71
My ears never ring when I shoot with ear pro, but I have shot an AK at an indoor facility with no ear pro once a few months ago. Never again. My ears rang after the first shot, I didn't even notice the bang. It's really hard to describe. It's like... you hear it, but at the same time you don't hear anything, and I was deaf in one ear for like the whole day lol. Yes, I'm stupid. I know.

·
11,583 Posts
Discussion Starter #73
Not exactly, It was like, I heard the beginning of the boom, it was loud, deep, but soft, so it wasn't discomforting, then it rushed and overwhelmed my ears in fractions of a second, and I heard nothing, then my ears started ringing. It's like I heard the beginning of the boom before my ears went temporarily deaf, and then i heard nothing before the ringing came. It was as if me and 08blkgt500 had become one. I knew how it felt to be a loser of life, because in that moment in time, I was like him.

Now when I shoot my AR with ear pro on at an outdoor range, I can feel and hear the spring in the buffer tube being compressed and then pushing the bolt forward lol, so I do know what you are talking about.

·
MM's Samsquanch
707 Posts
i've shot so much without earpro its at the point now no matter what gets shot even if my ears ring they are back to normal in minutes...unless a bunch of people have 308's then im scrambling for cigarette buts or .40 shell casings to stick in my ears lol

·
Cornholed Manthusiast
3,985 Posts
Haha I love indoor ranges so much. Everything is 10x louder. The other day I was at the range shooting my buddies new hunting rifle. 7mm-08. This thing is ****ing loud. When you fire it, the whole building shakes and you can feel it in your body. Everyone stops and looks around at each shot. It is awesome. Well some people were walking into the range, and obviously your supposed to have your eyes and ears already on, and some of them didn't. They come in right when I fire a shot, and one of the ladies starts crying and she runs back out hahaha

61 - 80 of 195 Posts