Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys! new to these forums. With the snow falling and a day off I've been thinking a lot about my 67 mustang. I purchased about 5 years ago and got it running-ish this summer. Its a 200ci with a 3 speed manual, about as base as base can be. Shes in decent shape all together but the drivetrain has to go. I spend countless hours reading and researching swaps from original v8 to the 5.0 fox swaps. all great ideas but involves a ton of suspension work before i can consider it and on my budget at the moment it wont happen. I have always loved the 80's SVO drivetrain but was never a fox body guy. I cant seem to find any actual project builds on the subject of getting a donor T-Bird or something similar and attempting to swap it. I've done a modded swap on a buddy's 79 Grand Prix auto to manual and work as a ford tech so i have a pretty good understanding on the labor aspects. Now i know to a lot of people this is sacrilege but the car is worse off as is and i don't want to leave that i6 in there, where i live you cant possibly enjoy it safely with that engine. The goal isn't as much about big HP gains as it is a fun semi-reliable and different project that I can enjoy for myself. Now my major questions would be:
1: does anyone know of a build or forum link to this question (i cant find any)
2: I would like to do minimal modification if i do decide to go full on classic drivetrain down the line, mostly about shock tower removal, id like to avoid this, i like the idea of preserving the body for myself or a future owner to keep the car as OG as possible.
3:Any ideas on starting a build sheet for myself and things i cant think of now so i can plan this out down the line?
I know eventually a lot more will be done but im mostly looking to get it into the running and driving phase more so that car show/ actually driving it on a regular basis. i Moved the car down my block for the first time so i know the basics are working as is braking and suspension wise and id like to do this stuff before cosmetics and bodywork. Any input is very much appreciated! this is a theory/ planning phase but end goal is to make a unique fun car i can autocross or just cruise in, i have an 05GT I'm working up to be a fun street/track car so this would be a fun weekend cruiser and long term project car :) I figure we can make a light fun discussion out of it, maybe you'll change my mind or reinforce my ideas! here's a link to an existing one someone made years ago and I just love the concept!

·
Registered
4 Posts
Try fordsix.com or Vintage mustang forum you might find what your looking for.

Don't sell the 200 6 short I have a 67 vert 6 cyl /c4 . I've did a good bit of modifications to it mostley cosmetic and suspension . I put it in my showcase as I use it there when I join any of the different forums.

One of the best things I did was install a late model electronic dist with a msd 6al and a 2300 Holley efi snipper on it.probaly the best money I spent. If you have any questions feel free to PM me at [email protected]. best of luck as you move forward on your project.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts