Modded Mustang Forums banner

21 - 40 of 129 Posts

·
Registered
253 Posts
Discussion Starter #26
I molded the headlight buckets on and started to test fit the front apron and spoiler.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v393/rusty428cj/1968%20Coupe
/144.jpg

I don't like the big front spoiler so we started to trim it

This is close to the size I want

·
MM's unluckiest member
3,351 Posts
I'm glad you trimmed it, I saw the first pic and thought man that lip is too big :lol looks great now though!

·
DEC '12 ROTM CO-Winner
5,081 Posts
:eek: That is the exact front bumper and chin piece I have been wanting, i had no idea they sold them as one solid piece. Where did you order it from if you don't mind me asking. Looks great all trimmed down :yes

·
Registered
253 Posts
Discussion Starter #30
:eek: That is the exact front bumper and chin piece I have been wanting, i had no idea they sold them as one solid piece. Where did you order it from if you don't mind me asking. Looks great all trimmed down :yes
It was from Maier and it won't bolt up to anything. You have to cut the valance tabs off the headlight buckets and than figure out a way to attach it. I ended up cutting the ends off because I didn't like how wide it was. I had to make new ends and attachment points. I will post pictures later.

·
RIP Dennis
76,414 Posts
Wow I love how clean this car is going to be...

·
Registered
253 Posts
Discussion Starter #35
I stripped the fender aprons than spray a couple of coats of SPI black epoxy and than their bedliner

The rear valance was welded on and back up lights filled in

·
Registered
253 Posts
Discussion Starter #38
When do you plan on being finished with this build? It's a good one to have in your garage. We have a 1967 Camaro right now being restored, but I keep hoping someone rolls in with an old Mustang like this one to play with.

Probably sometime late next year

·
DEC '12 ROTM CO-Winner
5,081 Posts
I would love to just ship you my car and have you duplicate every piece and make mine the same :). It is making great progress and you are giving me ideas I never would have thought of.

·
Registered
253 Posts
Discussion Starter #40
More block sanding it's getting closer.

I finished block sanding the deck lid trying to get it to match the quarters than epoxy primed

Sprayed SPI Turbo primer

I spend almost a day working on something that you don't see 95% of the time the back of the deck lid.

I finished sanding and than epoxy primed

I sanded the deck lid than sprayed a coat of SPI white epoxy

I waited a couple of hours than sprayed 3 coats of SPI single stage red.

21 - 40 of 129 Posts