Modded Mustang Forums banner

41 - 60 of 129 Posts

·
Registered
253 Posts
Discussion Starter #41
I was not happy with the hood after block sanding. I added a little filler than epoxy primed again.

I block sanded the hood again and epoxy primed white next I need to sand and paint the back side of the hood.

I decided to add a little filler to each quarter to tighten the gap on the fiberglass deck lid and I block sanded the roof and taillight panel.

I sprayed SPI Red on the hood and deck lid and cleared the next day. I will wet sand and than spray 3 more coats of SPI Universal clear.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Thanks for the great posting. I am on the look out for a '68 to restomod as well and any tips would be greatly appreciated. Excellent work and I hope to see more.

·
Registered
253 Posts
Discussion Starter #46
Ready for 2 coats of epoxy primer

Two coats of SPI black epoxy

I thought I would take a picture outside before we tape the body and spray SPI bedliner on the floor and inside the trunk.

Brian taped off the complete car than sprayed a coat of epoxy than SPI bedliner on the trunk floor and interior floor.

Lining up the sheetmetal

·
King Trashmouth
21,891 Posts
That looks awesome. I especially love the subtle touches of the flush rear bumper and the frenched taillights. It's a very unique concept to add the 50's hot rod style recessed taillights to a late 60's pony car.

Also I'm going to have to remember to try out SPI epoxy primer. It looks like it worked wonders. And you laid it under the slick sand? I know I love slick sand as a sandable primer.

Now it's got me itching to go back to restoring my Cutlass, and do a complete tear down like that Mustang.

·
Registered
41 Posts
Why did you decide to go with an older 4.6 instead of a 5.0? that year doesn't even have the PI heads no? couldn't you make a lot more power with a carbed set up?

·
Registered
253 Posts
Discussion Starter #54
Why did you decide to go with an older 4.6 instead of a 5.0? that year doesn't even have the PI heads no? couldn't you make a lot more power with a carbed set up?
Budget.

The engine came from my Dad's T-Bird and he would have liked the fact that I was using it in the Mustang.

41 - 60 of 129 Posts