Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 20 of 59 Posts

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Looking for opinions; 4 questions.
1. Can anyone recommend a cool steering wheel?
2. Are the white background guages worth the cost? I know I don't want to go digital, but I think the white would add some class.
3. How about custom buckets for the front seats. Suggestions
4. Wheels; I think I want to go 18" back, 17" front. I've looked at hundreds, and still haven't found the right one. I always had a passion for the Cragar Spoke Mag, but understand that they are no longer a quality wheel.

·
Registered
26 Posts
hey, im doin my 69 coupe right now too. just my opinion but i like the look of the stock wooden steering wheel with the 3 metal spokes. im gonna take some sandpaper and a nice dark varnish to my original one and see how i can get it to look

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I like them too, but I want something modern. My goal is to combine the old and the new to complement each.

·
Registered
890 Posts
Grant Classic. I own one for some reason and it looks great sitting on my wall, so I am sure it would look fabulous in a mustang. White gauges do look very classy and great but it depends on what your finished product will look like. For your seats I suggest high back buckets, possibly a newer seat such as a 94 and up Mustang bucket seat with a vinyl covering or partial vinyl covering. Maybe a racing seat with vinyl inserts or patches. On the wheels I suggest a set of Ansen Sprints (17" all the way around with 8 wide up front and 10 on the rears). Or I don't know if you like the looks of them or not or how they'd look on your car but you could always look into the new Torq Thrust II's or the new Magnum 500's that were featured on the 03-04 Mach 1's.
I'm just trying to throw out some ideas for you. Hope you have good luck with the project and build a car you can love.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks for the suggestions. I got to looking at the Torque Thrust II wheels, and stumblled across the Foose Legend. They're Great! I love the look of those wrap-around seats. I think I've settled that topic.

I came across a snaffu today. My high priced Milodon oil pan won't fit with my RCM Mustang II front end. I'm going to have to find a rear sump 7qt pan.

·
The Boss is in
23,756 Posts
Definitly go with a like shelby style replica steering wheel. On our old cars I like the stock look more than anything or a period correct mod, like adding a shaker to a non shaker car or so on.

For seats I would pull some high back buckets out of a Mach 1 or something (again stock looking)

And for the wheels if you like the cragars get em they arent a terrible wheel and you'll get good use out of em.
White face gauges are fine if you like the look but I would stay with regular old black.

·
Registered
22,813 Posts
I want a momo steering wheel. Grants aren't any good IMO.
I think the white gauges would look good. I want a set for my 67.
Summit sells some nice looking bucket seats for a good price.
I would say a set of black bullitts or american racing torq thrust IIs would look good.

·