Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
819 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I found a 1970 coupe with a cyl auto in it for $1200. It has some rust on it runs and very driveable the owner says, I'll know more wed when i look at it. I also know where a 92 4cyl hatch mustang is for $250 rust free but completely stripped but interior w/car. What i want to know which would be better/easier/cheaper for the 460/c6 swap that I have. Just some opinions would be nice...thanks

·
Proud American
11,288 Posts
1970 has a mount for it pretty easily, and had big block 385 series 429 factory so it would be easier

but nothing is sexier than a fox with a BBF under the hood... makes me wanna go get the towel now.... YOu will have to convert to manual brakes with a BBF fox though...

but let me know if you need some help some time... im always willing to lend a hand if i have time.

·
Registered
819 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
comments noted...I've always wanted a older mustang but i love to drag race. And really dont want to beat up my 2003 gt

·
Registered
819 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Yeah i think im going to get the fox...I went and looked at the 70 and behind the dash is rusted out, the floor boards are rusted through the rear quarters are rusted out and the rear sub frame behind the wheel is rusted through. On the good side someone had already started to restore the interior. all it needed was a headliner.

·
Registered
19 Posts
I put a 429 in a '69 back in the early 80's and it's a serious pain in the ass.
The only way to get the starter in, was to move the engine so far forward, the water pump was nearly touching the radiator. Then you need a custom trans mount, drive shaft, front mounted electric fans, rigged up radiator hoses, etc. The cast iron exhaust manifolds are right up against the shock towers, you can barely get the spark plugs in.........it's just a mess.

Tony

·
Registered
819 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
well i picked up the 92. I have the 72 460/c6 out of a t-bird, motor mounts, oil pan, dipstick elec-fan. Trying to find someone close that can build me a drive shaft. Pulling the 4cyl motor and trans tomorrow. Going to keep the stock manifolds on the engine until i can find a good deal on some LTs. Plus i picked up a efi 460 from a 88 econ van that I'm going to build so when the other one goes boom I'll have another to swap in.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Hey let me know if you get any info im in Colorado Springs also. I have a 1970 coupe and im trying to find a 429 in it.....

1 - 10 of 10 Posts