Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was thinking of adding a rear spoiler to my car but cant find a pic of my car with one on does anybody have a pic of one with the spoiler
Thanks to you all
Also as anybody swopped the 2 barrell carb for the four barrell with the 351c
was it easy and was thare a big improvment in performance.

·
Registered
890 Posts
Never made the swap myself, but I can say with a degree of confidence that with a decent intake, properly sized 4 barrel, and the motor properly tuned and setup for the new intake combo you will see and more importantly feel an improvement in your cars performance.

·
Registered
249 Posts
The 351c makes a boatload of power with the 2 barrel, and a 4 barrel makes it even more fun! The heads are different between a 4v cleveland, and a 2v cleveland, so you can't get a factory 4v manifold for it. Edelbrock makes a 4v manifold for that set up though, and should be an awesome upgrade. 351c is one of the gnarliest motors ford ever made in my opinion.

·
Registered
17 Posts
I have a 73 Mach 1 351 2V. It has the Edelbrock 351C 2v Performer intake and a 4 barrel carb on it. It was simple to change over and Edelbrock has suggested carbs and other pieces that might be useful. It is part number 2750. (Data sheet http://www.edelbrock.com/automotive_new/misc/tech_center/install/2000/2750.pdf)

There are some other ones out there, but this is the one that I have.

Here is a forum for 351C engines... Ford 335 "Cleveland" Series Engine Forum, I have seen a couple threads that compare the different intakes.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks guys for all your help now on to cosmetics i want so swap the colored front bumber for crome as anyone done that the pic that was posted showed the crome and i must say it looks bad ass I realy want to make this car mine and costimize it so far i plan on adding the fallowing Chin spoiler Rear spoiler side sticker kit and hood sticker.also i want to go with dual exhaust.[any ideas for a reasonable bolt on exhaust]als what are your thoughts on putting mach1 stickers on it is that a sin or just a style choice.
Once again thanks in advance and hope to see some of you at locale show and shine

·
Registered
890 Posts
Some will brand it a clone if you do. But I say go for it, make it your own, and enjoy how much better those graphics make it look.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts