Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
902 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys im working a mustang trying to get it running for a friend of mine. It has sat for the past 10 years. Fuel was drained when the guy put it up. I have repalced spark plugs, rubber fuel lines, vacuum lines, and a few other odds and ends. It doesnt seem to have spark and hes just trying to get it running to sell it. Would the distributor shown on that link work, and what do i need to do to get it hooked up? Or do you have any other suggestions just to get it running.

Thanks

Summit Racing SUM-850025 - Summit Racing® Blueprinted HEI Distributors - Overview - SummitRacing.com

·
902 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
He just wants to put an HEI unit on.

·
Premium Member
2,247 Posts
The problem with the HEI is it is So damn big. Air cleaner has a hard time to fitting.

That one will fit but I would not use it.

I would fix what it has, It is a lot easier and cost only $10.

If you are going to sell the car why waste the money.

·
902 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Ok, well I have never worked on a points system. Where should i start with this? i know the obvious things like check the coil windings for continuity and such. Also there are 2 wires that go to the coil, the signal from the disty and one other one. The other one should have 12v when key on? I tried finding a decent schematic but i am unable to find one.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts