Modded Mustang Forums banner

21 - 40 of 73 Posts

·
MM's DRUNKEN SAILOR & master **** shoveler
4,120 Posts
Discussion Starter #22
Its good that old version bike convert into new version or rebuild its all parts looking very strong specially engine of the bike is very good because new bikes engine is not much comfortable as compare to the old..
Lay off the drugs dro!

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
4,120 Posts
Discussion Starter #23
little bit of progress on the 75 bobber/short chop ironhead thing.

went ahead and spent my first out of pocket money on this thing. bought all the oils and some new handlebar bushings from the MoCo. also bought new wiring and connections.

got the oil tank put onto the frame and got the frame back on the stand. finished sanding the top tripple tree and got it primered and painted. also got the bottom tree painted. polished the exhaust pipes and got all the accessories and front motor mounts painted a nice satin black.

hopefully be getting this all put on monday and have a rolling chassie waiting for an engine!

PICTURES!!!!

here is the frame and oil tank mated together as one!

$62.00 worth of oil....

i should have taken a before picture of these pipes...they were almost fully black from burnt and leaky oil.

All the accessories and the lower tripple tree. they all need another coat but that can wait until tomorrow.

the top triplle tree. primed it now has about 3 coats of gloss black on it and it looking good!

·
4,120 Posts
Discussion Starter #24
made more progress!!! got the front forks on ( still need to add oil) replaced the neck bearings and gave them a nice amount of grease. threw the front and back tire on and the kickstand so i could take her off the lift.

the tank and seat are just sat on there for the pictures though. im liking the way its going to look. just the right amount of shiny and not shiny.

now that i got it on the ground i REALLY need to find a rear fender and figure out a sissy bar and mounting and stuff.

its weird though i tried to start it for a while and it just wouldnt turn on....must be missing something still.

PICTURES!

put together waiting on an engine

then i figures...hey dumbass put the kickstand on.

so i did.

·
4,120 Posts
Discussion Starter #26
bro...im only 24 and have spend $42.00 on this build so far. take your time and trade up. and ive sold random crap in my garage to fund the build. just dont rush. rushing means money.

·
4,120 Posts
Discussion Starter #27 (Edited)
ANNNNNNNNND BUMP!

spent most of the day on the smoker making ribs. BUT while doing that i also went ahead and forged my sissy bar. I hit some hard times and neglected the bike for a couple of months. But im back on it now.

Anyways here are the pictures from the sissy bar im working on.

Started off with some 1/2" (i wanted 5/8" but couldnt find any long enough) round stock and weld some 1/4" thick metal to the bottom and drill a hole in it so i can mount it to the existing mounts.

I also think thats a little bit long. here is a close up on the mount

And i needed to put a little bend in these to make them cross. Had to do one side just a little bit more than the other.

Not a problem! just let me grab my torch....wait...**** i dont have a torch.

Let me grab my charcoal!

the beer bottle is required for balancing reasons.

here is the aftermath.

Now at this point they cross and my fener will mount in with about 1/2" clearance from the tire. but i need to be able to weld them together and put a bent in the very top.

So i use my trailer as a forge and get to work!

This is how they are sitting right now cooling off. Going to weld them up and weld the fender mount in and then put a bend and a point at the top tomorrow after work.

Also Im going to pick my motor up wednesday. so i should have this bike back on the road in a few weeks. Now that im making progress again ill keep yall updated.

·
4,120 Posts
Discussion Starter #28 (Edited)
Alright. havent been able to get the motor yet. Its coming along we are just waiting to get the jugs back and its done.

But i got the sissy bar all welded up and grinded down and cut and bent to fit. good fun! I still need to permanently mount the fender and bitch pad. The handle bars also arent bolted on. just put them in to get a feel for the lines and for the picture.

here are a few pictures

Please let me know what you guys think! im open to all ideas.

·
Registered
1,377 Posts
Lookin good man. Do you have all the parts for the engine back?

·
4,120 Posts
Discussion Starter #31
yeah. first modification im going to bolt them on lol.

But seriously i think they are just the slightest bit too tall. might go with some 10" z bars or something of that sort eventually.

---------- Post added at 08:03 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:53 PM ----------

Lookin good man. Do you have all the parts for the engine back?
A buddy of mine is Building the engine for me (he has done this for a living for 50 years and im not paying him) We are just waiting for the jugs to come in. rebuilt bottem and top end and tranny cams im going to re work the carb once the engine comes back. I have it all just not with me lol. Actually supposed to call my grey beard in about an hour to see if the guy dropped off the jugs.

·
4,120 Posts
Discussion Starter #34 (Edited)
Alright. well i spent about 5 hours in the garage today and when i step back and look real fast it doesnt seem like i made much progress. But i keep telling myself that its the little things that matter and i spend a lot of time on the details.

Anyways Today i got the fender cut to fit got the sissy bar finished and made the fender mount on the sissy bar and finagled some stuff to bolt the fender to the frame. And i made a headlight bracket. Which i just realized i forgot to prime with the rest of the stuff.....Ill do that in a little bit lol. Also if i can get ahold of my grey beard ill hopefully be picking my motor up tonight.

Didnt take a lot of pictures...here is the only one ive took today lol.

·
Registered
97 Posts
Alright. well i spent about 5 hours in the garage today and when i step back and look real fast it doesnt seem like i made much progress. But i keep telling myself that its the little things that matter and i spend a lot of time on the details.

Anyways Today i got the fender cut to fit got the sissy bar finished and made the fender mount on the sissy bar and finagled some stuff to bolt the fender to the frame. And i made a headlight bracket. Which i just realized i forgot to prime with the rest of the stuff.....Ill do that in a little bit lol. Also if i can get ahold of my grey beard ill hopefully be picking my motor up tonight.

Didnt take a lot of pictures...here is the only one ive took today lol.

Sometimes the little things are what takes the most time and end up being most important.

Looking forward to seeing those bars.

·
4,120 Posts
Discussion Starter #36
Bars arent going to be anything super special. just painting them the right shade of black to match the rest of the bike. when i picked them up they were way to glossy.

·
4,120 Posts
Discussion Starter #39 (Edited)
alright well i figured out my starting problem. didnt have the engine in.

So this weekend my engine finally got finished. went and picked it up saturday and made it look sorta kinda almost pretty. Then today when i got off work I went ahead and dropped the engine back in. Figured out a good way for one man to put these heavy ****s in. i dont have a lift and im not a weightlifter lol. here are a couple pictures for yalls enjoyment.

here is the engine after i made it look almost pretty.

First thing i did was wrap the rocker covers and then dead lift the engine and set on on the ground where i spread out a bunch of shop towels. and prop it up with a piece of wood so the engine sits even.

After that i just picked up the rolling frame and set it where i needed it to go. so freaking easy to do.

Put in the new bolts for the rear motor mounts and Lift her on up.

Now after that im just waiting to get paid so i can go buy what i need to wire her up. then lets hope to hell the starter solonoid works and she fires after a couple hours of fine tuning.

·
Registered
97 Posts
alright well i figured out my starting problem. didnt have the engine in.

So this weekend my engine finally got finished. went and picked it up saturday and made it look sorta kinda almost pretty. Then today when i got off work I went ahead and dropped the engine back in. Figured out a good way for one man to put these heavy ****s in. i dont have a lift and im not a weightlifter lol. here are a couple pictures for yalls enjoyment.

here is the engine after i made it look almost pretty.

First thing i did was wrap the rocker covers and then dead lift the engine and set on on the ground where i spread out a bunch of shop towels. and prop it up with a piece of wood so the engine sits even.

After that i just picked up the rolling frame and set it where i needed it to go. so freaking easy to do.

Put in the new bolts for the rear motor mounts and Lift her on up.

Now after that im just waiting to get paid so i can go buy what i need to wire her up. then lets hope to hell the starter solonoid works and she fires after a couple hours of fine tuning.

Im getting ancy wanting to see it done lol. :computer:

Im sure you will get it figured out one way or another.

21 - 40 of 73 Posts