Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello guys, great community you've got here. Please move this if it's not in the right section.

I've got my 1982 Foxbody GT. I'm replacing the front sway bar, and also want to replace the sway bar bushing brackets. Not the mounts on the body, not the bushings (already have new), but the metal brackets that hold the bushing up onto the body mounts. Any advice on where to find replacements?

·
Registered
3 Posts
I would also like to know if someone knows of a replacement. I literally tore the metal on one of mine. Eventually stacked one on top of another and welded the circumference. I did that for both sides.

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using Tapatalk

·
Registered
7 Posts
Poly bushings are great, for track cars. Way too many people just assume aftermarket+stiffer=better, and end up spending over $200 on bushings that last a week before they start to squeak, and a year or 2 before they fall apart because the need to be re-greased at basically every oil change. It's this same mentality that drive people to buy control arms with ungreased, uncovered scrabble word finder heim joints instead of bushings and ball joints on their street car. You'd be mad to expect those to last even one winter.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts