Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Brand new to the forums!
I have a sweet 1984 capri 5.0 that is rebuilt and nicely painted. Its a sharp car, but the suspension is old and outdated. Im wondering what route I could go for around 1000 dollars? What shocks would be good for street and spirited driving? Should I get control arms or what components should I start with then add on?

Any ideas or experience would be great, I'll try to post a picture on here of my car as soon as I figure this out.

Thanks!

·
Registered
11,200 Posts
Welcome, is always good to see new members around

·
Registered
137 Posts
Welcome! I went with KYB adjustable shocks and struts and like them so far. I did Eibach sport springs and Maxium Motorsports Lower Control arms at the same time and it rides better. You could probly do all that for round $1000. You will need some Caster Camber plates to that will be a $150 too $200 also.

·
Registered
1,021 Posts
I went with tokico hp series blue shocks and struts, eibach sprt springs and genreric summit control arms, it came to about $800, it made a huge difference in the feel of the car

·
Registered
183 Posts
Id probably say to just check out the different packages maximum motorsports has on their site. Ones to go with most budgets and all quality stuff that will work well together.

·
Registered
1,021 Posts
Non adjustable control arms will do you know good.
ya i probably should have went adjustable route, next time ill do things differently, this car really isnt worth dumping much money into, i wish i had looked at it much closer before purchasing

·
Registered
191 Posts
welcome,if your not wanting to dive in and get serious kyb gr2 are good and cheap,subframe connecters,and ford racing "c" springs are a great ride and handleing if the rubber looks good in the control arms i wouldnt worry about getting new ones and finally maximum motorsports caster camber plates

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Thanks for all the advice.

Got it out the other day to take it for a drive, its been in storage for a few summers. I noticed that the steering has some free play when you turn the wheel each way..would this be a steering rack or just the worn out suspension? For lack of better explanation, it has some play before it actually starts to turn the car.

·
Registered
325 Posts
Really u bought a CHEVY CAMARO! come onnnn man

OP just call MM tell em what u want and how much u want to spend
+1, damn chevy owner. What's wrong with the nonadjustables? I love them. I don't have any quarter mile times to improve on so the adjustables are a waste, for me anyway.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts