Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My dad gave me a 84 mustang lx four banger auto trans. I drove it till the motor died. It's been sitting for a long time. I'm wondering if it's worth fixing up? If it is worth it. I would like to put a 302 and T5 in it. I have the motor and trans.

Attachments

·
Priest of the Car Gods
17,313 Posts
It is if you want to put the work into it. 4-eyed foxes are only getting more rare.

Another option is to use the body panels off of the Mustang to convert a foxbody LTD or Fairmont into a "Mustang" sedan or wagon. Either of those would accept the 302 and T5 you have with about the same amount of work.

·
Premium Member
5,519 Posts
My dad gave me a 84 mustang lx four banger auto trans. I drove it till the motor died. It's been sitting for a long time. I'm wondering if it's worth fixing up? If it is worth it. I would like to put a 302 and T5 in it. I have the motor and trans.
Looks like ALOT of work ahead of you on this.

Maybe worth it if you just do the carbed drag strip thing so you don't have to worry about interior or looking real pretty.

But, it's doable, just alot ahead of you.

·
Premium Member
5,519 Posts
It is if you want to put the work into it. 4-eyed foxes are only getting more rare.

Another option is to use the body panels off of the Mustang to convert a foxbody LTD or Fairmont into a "Mustang" sedan or wagon. Either of those would accept the 302 and T5 you have with about the same amount of work.

WTF???

·
six shooter
247 Posts
I'd put it back together. I've got a few projects of varying difficulty, one being a wagon mentioned above that's about in the condition your car is in. If you have the motor and trans, go ahead and get it running. At the very least you could sell it from there, or get the body sealed up and slowly fix all the little things on it while you drive it. Every single one of these cars needs to have the interior gone through at this age anyways.

·
Registered
1,131 Posts
Definately dont scrap it. At the least if the sub frame isnt rusted apart, you can strip it and clean up the body work, put it in primer and sell its as a drag car chassis. Someone will buy it if its solid.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts