Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So Im rebuilding my mustang my dad got me (84 Mustang Svo) I know that it is a 4 Cylinder turbo. But right now it only has about 250 HP I cant get a ton more than that without cracking the block. So im just looking to get it maybe to about 350 or so and then tool with it here and there. It is definitely a "Project Car" but I just wanna know I how I can get a little more out of it without breaking the bank, because im only 16 and only have about $10,000 to spend (out of my own pocket). im not like most of you motor heads out there. but I can impress you with what I know my dad is a diesel mechanic and my grandpa was a pro drag racer so im not an idiot, so don't treat me like one!

·
Registered
756 Posts
350 Should not be to big of a problem with these cars. Not wanting to push you away from here, but before you do to much with your car go HERE

The link I provided is the know all community for the 2.3t engine. Good luck and update us. Pics are always nice too!

·
Booster
28 Posts

·
RAT FINK
939 Posts
"Only" $10,000 to spend? Good gravy, I built an engine for my old Turbo Coupe while I was in college, working at Sears for $7 an hour. I had less than $2000 total tied up in the engine and it was making close to 300 hp.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts