Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 1985 mustang lx as of right now it has an ford racing 8.8 rear, steeda competition springs and I'm lookin to do a conversion to 5 lug to fit saleen wheels and unfortunatly all I seen in the saleen whels is either a 9 inch wheel or a 10 and in the front the 8 inch wheel seams to be the max with out wheel rub fully turnt but looking for pointers and with a 5 lug conversion what will fit if the saleen wheels are defantly a no go

·
Banned
3,385 Posts
You can just notch the a arms where there contacting the rim if it's actually hitting... or add "rack limiters" in on the steering rack but 9" rim's aren't uncommon on foxes. My fr500's are 9" and my car's lowered an 1.5's and I have very minimal rubbing once at full lock before coverting to tub k, a arms and coilovers.

Five lug swap.. get spindles/hubs/calipers from a 94/95, this 1979-93 Mustang Brake Line Adapter Fitting by 50resto at LRS - Same Day Shipping!, and two 5 lug axles from a ranger or one of the 5lug kits on ebay or latemodel resto sells with some 5 lug ranter 9" drums and your done.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
so I guess I really shouldn't have a problem I wasn't sure cause I know the 87-93 foxs seam to be in there own catiglory I never see anything for 85 but thanks for the info its a big help

1 - 4 of 4 Posts