Modded Mustang Forums banner

21 - 23 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
I have the same problem with my 1994 Ranger. The shop has replaced the fuel pump and the computer... $500 later and still happens.

I've swapped the ECC relay for the Fuel Pump relay (same part# and same little diagram on the side). No change.

I've checked the inertia switch and its connector several times.

Never a problem while I'm driving... only after I park it someplace and come back an hour or as long as a couple days later. It's happened 6 or 7 times in the last few months.

Any other ideas?

·
Registered
2 Posts
Never mind. The problem wasn't the relay itself, which tested fine... it was the socket the relay plugs into. It isn't always making a good connection. Couldn't figure out why I had good power on the meter when I checked the socket... but no click when inserting the relay with the IGN powered up. Didn't click until I pushed hard on the relay.

Now my truck starts! It's been sitting dead for 3 weeks while I fought this problem.

Thanks to the previous posters for focusing my attention back on the relay!

·
Registered
1 Posts
I have an 88 xlt ranger, it has a low presure and a high pressure pump. The high pressure pump is about $100 and is in th frame rail between tank and injectors... good luck Oh yeah the reset switch is on the trans hump in center if floor

21 - 23 of 23 Posts