Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I left the light on over night and the battery died so I got a brand new one(still under warranty). So as I left to get then new battery I didn't shut the hood all the way close and it start to rain didn't come back for a couple of hours. Came back home and put the new battery in. I tried to start the car, no crank and it just died. So I played with the battery wires and the car had power again but still no crack. Can someone plz help me out!!!

·
Registered
3,352 Posts
Ive done the same thing already but never had a starting issue. My only guess is that the wiring around the coil may have gotten wet, or there is condensation under the cap. Check the battery cables to. Are the clamps at the terminals tight enough? Are they chewed up? I just replaced mine last year for a no start.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Ive done the same thing already but never had a starting issue. My only guess is that the wiring around the coil may have gotten wet, or there is condensation under the cap. Check the battery cables to. Are the clamps at the terminals tight enough? Are they chewed up? I just replaced mine last year for a no start.
The cables are still the stock ones I belive,there wearing out.do you think I should just buy new wires and all that, I just changed did a full tune up 3 months ago

·
Registered
11,200 Posts
Pull the cap and make sure its dry

·
Registered
346 Posts
I had a similar issue with my truck last year, and could not find out what it was for the longest time. I ran the koeo and koer tests and found that the pip sensor in the dizzy was bad. Replaced the dizzy and the problem was gone. I would pull the codes after you check the cap for condensation. Also, is the stock distributor boot still on?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts