Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok, well, my car has been running like sh1t for the past month now. I am almost positive it is a bad/clogged injector, but I'd like to hear something from you guys. The car was stored before I bought it...and barely driven at all. I'm guessing bad gas had done this? When I give the car gas, it misses like crazy until I get past 2000 RPM, then it seems to be fine. I changed plug wires, plugs, ran fuel injector cleaner through the car numerous times, cleaned the MAF sensor, cleaned the throttle body and checked for vacuum leaks. None of this helped the problem. Someone hinted to me today that it might be a clogged catalytic converter...but wouldn't that just make the car not want to run period? I just bought four new injectors for the car...HOPING to God that fixes the problem. Any other suggestions you guys have that might help me out?

·
Registered
368 Posts
firing order doesnt sound right...maybe
I'd care to reconsider. If the firing order wasn't right it would limp as high as it would go, won't straighten out after 2k rpms. I'd have to say its more with the spark plug gapping. I'm having the same issue but its from 4.5k and higher atm.

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I'd care to reconsider. If the firing order wasn't right it would limp as high as it would go, won't straighten out after 2k rpms. I'd have to say its more with the spark plug gapping. I'm having the same issue but its from 4.5k and higher atm.
I've gapped all of the plugs to the correct gap that it had showed in the Chilton manual. And I've also checked my firing order numerous times. It's none of those things.

·
Registered
368 Posts
Coil for your spark might be going bad, if its not putting out a strong enough spark for whatever reason its possible that could be causing it.

·
Registered
116 Posts
tfi,pip bad ground, coil ...
this is a DIS system, NO dizzy, it sounds like it might be your dis module (its bolted on the front of the intake) other symptoms are check engine light comes on, the tach only shows half RPMs .if this is what is happening then change the dis module and be sure to put LOTS of dielectric grease on the back on it (heatsink) when you mount it.

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
this is a DIS system, NO dizzy, it sounds like it might be your dis module (its bolted on the front of the intake) other symptoms are check engine light comes on, the tach only shows half RPMs .if this is what is happening then change the dis module and be sure to put LOTS of dielectric grease on the back on it (heatsink) when you mount it.
Yes, I know all about having to cover that thing in grease. I had to replace mine on my '89 SHO

1 - 8 of 8 Posts