Modded Mustang Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

· Registered
1992 Ford Mustang LX 2.3l
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
So iv messed with mustangs before, i had an 81 GT when i was 15 and am now 17 and moved past that vehicle. I ended up getting a 92’ LX hatch and do not like the 88hp that this thing puts out and the 5.0 in my 81’ wasnt anything either so i wanna go bigger with a 351w. Iv never attempted a swap before but ik the basics of what i need with the suspension components and ik the engine mounts and k-member are fine. I need more info on the engine harness, ecu etc. i wanna know what i can keep from the 2.3l harness and what i cant, and the easiest way to swap. I assume a 92’ f-150 is whered id start but its better to know what i need then go in clueless. Thanks to anyone in advance!

· Super Moderator
4,975 Posts
How much power do you want to make? Unless you’re wanting to go with an all out build (stroker, etc) I’d throw in a 302 with a nice top end kit and call it a day. It’s more work to put a 351w in a fox and doesn’t make much more power with the stock bore than a 302 with bolt ons.

· Registered
1992 Ford Mustang LX 2.3l
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
How much power do you want to make? Unless you’re wanting to go with an all out build (stroker, etc) I’d throw in a 302 with a nice top end kit and call it a day. It’s more work to put a 351w in a fox and doesn’t make much more power with the stock bore than a 302 with bolt ons.
Probably like 600-650hp, i wanted to turbo it with a single 70mm on3 turbo kit. I did research into the 5.0 swap but they are so much harder to find than a 351w. Im willing to go that route if i can find one, i would also need info on that ofc. Wiring harness, ecu, possible tuning etc.

· Super Moderator
4,975 Posts
You’d think a 302 would be easier to find. With that power level in mind though you’ll need a dart block. A regular 302 production block splits at around 500.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts