Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
A little over a year ago I was lucky enough to stumble on a once in a life time situation. I purchased a Black 1992 LX 5.0 / 5 speed that was stored in a warehouse since new. This car currently has only 2,035 miles on it! Needless to say it looks, smells and runs like brand new. It has never been in the rain or weather and looks brand new underneath as well. I was the first person to even pull the wheels when I installed new G FORCE 16" tires at 1,895 miles. This car is full power, cold a/c, factory sun roof and carpets are still covered since new. I have dabbled with the idea of selling it selling it because of a very expensive project I am currently involved. This Fox body car is like driving a new one in 92....it's unbelievable. I have seen low mileage LX and GT cars do some good money. Honestly what kind of money is such a rare find worth???

·
Registered
2,950 Posts
well Kelly blue book says 3800.......:D

·
Registered
1,201 Posts
lol Well you can sell it for more but the book tells all! It depends on the sentimental value it holds to a buyee!

·
Registered
2,950 Posts
yeah i really couldnt tell ya what something like that would be worth.....that car probly only sold for 15,000 or a lil less i think actually back when it was actually new.....

·
Registered
2,950 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I have had this car to a few shows over the past year and was surprised to find out how many people prefer the LX over the GT. Mustangs have only entered my collection in the past year and a half. (also have a 2007 Shelby GT) In looking at the link sent to me on Ebay for that 93 that reserve was not met at $14,400 my car actually is cleaner and has a fresher appearance. After all that has 17k and mine has 2k. I will probably put it on the market in the near future knowing that someone who really knows what this car is and can afford it may be seriously interested. I have always been a GM guy and have a few nice pieces in my collection. I am currently doing an all out body off restoration (resto-mod) on my 55 Belair. This would be the only reason I would consider letting this baby go. I guess time will tell.

·
Registered
2,950 Posts
i think you should let me drive the shelby:yes

·
Registered
5,556 Posts
how much did u pay for it?? i bet if u put it on ebay for 16k u could get it especially if it only has 2k miles on it.. i say wait till 2012 or later to sell it then u have a classic with less than 2k miles on it...

1 - 9 of 9 Posts