Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does this model exist? I recently came into a 1992 Mustang
GT with a 5.0 HO Engine which has BOSS decals all over it (including a large one on the hood that extends across the entire hood and onto the fenders.). However, when i search the internet for 1992 BOSS Mustang, I find NOTHING and I haven't found any images of mustangs that look like it. The Mustang belongs to my grandmother (yes, my grandmother haha... she's badass.) I am wondering if this puppy is worth anything because she is looking to sell it as she cannot drive stick anymore.

I am looking for an accurate market value for it as it appears to be a limited edition. I am familiar with the Saleen, Rousch and SVT mustangs from this era, but I have never heard of a BOSS being produced in the foxbody.

any clues? If anyone knows where i can find more of these please let me know and/or link me to pictures so I know im not imagining things.

thanks.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
it has cobra wheels on it... did the foxbody Cobra Mustangs have the 5.0 HO motor? I'm trying to figure out what the heck this thing is.

·
Registered
698 Posts
Never marketed by Ford and I've never come across one in my research that was offered by any of the authorized resellers

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
once i get home, i'll upload pictures of it. I am really curious as to why it would have the decals the way it does if it wasn't actually a BOSS.

It needs the glass put in because my brother smashed all the windows in when he was drunk one night. I have all of the glass but the rear windshield... but I will still upload the pics, it has been sitting in the garage without glass for the past 2-3 years but with new glass and a good vacuuming it'd be sweet. I am even considering doing the work myself and driving it around.

·
Registered
4,875 Posts
What cobra wheels, the stock fanblade style or the cobra R? is it a 5 lug? I myself have never heard of any boss foxes, probably someone who got sticker happy.

·
Registered
5,029 Posts
It def could be a 1993... my g-ma told me it was a '92, but she is old and could be wrong.
someone just got sticker happy nothing to get excited over its just a regular mustang

·
Registered
569 Posts
upload pics i want to buy it

·
Premium Member
11,367 Posts
Does not exist.

·
Registered
5,029 Posts

·
Registered
569 Posts
the car exists, obviously not the boss version but its just stickers, the reason i want it is because a grandma owned it...good comment with the common sense jordan

·
Registered
81 Posts
yeah no such car was made its just a decal kit i have seen them before found mostly on sn95's. if its a cobra and your gma owned it i would hold on to that cherry and not mod it except for exhaust and minor suspention like springs and shocks/struts

·
PSN alphadong11
28,936 Posts
I have always wonderd why summit racing still has 2 engines to pick when you look online for 88 mustang then pick 5.0 302 it gives you an option of windsor or boss engine

·
Premium Member
11,367 Posts
I have always wonderd why summit racing still has 2 engines to pick when you look online for 88 mustang then pick 5.0 302 it gives you an option of windsor or boss engine
That has nothing to do with the car, it is just a separate category just like Comp Cams, Edelbrock and all the other brands that are categorized that never came on that car from the factory. Just like on the previous screen you can pick a 4.6 liter as the engine and that never came in that car.

·
Premium Member
33,198 Posts
if somebody didn't put the decals on themselves, it could just be a local dealer special car.

1 - 20 of 33 Posts