Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
940 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am having a problem with my wifes 1992 Topaz. I was coming home from work and we went up this good sized hill. Then it started doing something that it had done in the past again for some reason.

Whenever we pushed the gas in any amount at all the rpms just seemed to jump up and down in about increments of 200-300. I had her pull over and there was nothing visually wrong with the car that I saw for the time being, and her car wasn't overheating.

So we take off again and about a block or so up the road we get stopped at a stoplight and her car starts chugging bad and the rpms drop to about 500-600. I tell her to hit the gas but as soon as she does the car dies.

Last time this happened all I needed to do was replace the fuel filter for it to work just fine. We checked the fuel pressure and it was staying at a steady 50 PSI even with the car shutoff.

Anyone that can help me out?????

·
Registered
940 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Twist 2 Go said:
you may have fuel pressure but what about volume? Also ck for any dtcs that may lead to the source of the problem. Could be numerous things that could cause this...maf, tfi module, stator, tp, etc....
I thought of a few of those but for some reason the vehicle isn't throwing any codes...... We have a reader but we need to buy an adapter since it isn't setup for reading OBI 1 system...

1 - 5 of 5 Posts