Modded Mustang Forums banner

41 - 60 of 118 Posts

·
Registered
2,484 Posts
Discussion Starter #41
Well next piece is now completed 1453828826761.jpg

Just need to order my maf then my kit will be completed.

I'm getting super excited now.

·
Registered
2,484 Posts
Discussion Starter #43
Well, since my battery relocation kit is a universal kit, the hold down rods didn't really work because I had may 1"3/4 of threads missing on the hold down rods,
So last night at work I grabbed a 3/8 course die and made the threads longer so I can actually tighten down the hold down.

Next I'm thinking of doing my rear-end considering I have the 31 spline carrier and 31 spline axles and a set of 4.10s

I'm just not sure how 4.10s and boost will react in a fox.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Free Mouth Hugs
9,037 Posts
Hell yeah man, didn't know this was going down! I'll consider it motivation!

And I'm not sure on the boost/gear crap. I believe turboed don't like the numerically higher ratios. Hope someone else can chime in.

·
Registered
2,484 Posts
Discussion Starter #45
Hell yeah man, didn't know this was going down! I'll consider it motivation!

And I'm not sure on the boost/gear crap. I believe turboed don't like the numerically higher ratios. Hope someone else can chime in.

Haha oh it's going down lol,

And motivation is always good! Haha how's your car doing?

I Started at the rear of the car first then once that's complete I'll go to the front of the car.

But I'm hoping someone can chime in
As well Right now there's 3.73s in the car

·
Free Mouth Hugs
9,037 Posts
Haven't done much, got it running again (dead battery) and getting garage ready. Just bought a motor guard filter for painting and figured an easier way to cool the air out of compressor down. So that's figured out, now I have to finish sanding and prepping.

And I think with turbos you need the long gears but i can't remember exactly.

What did it run you to gather the parts for the fi?

·
Registered
2,484 Posts
Discussion Starter #47
Haven't done much, got it running again (dead battery) and getting garage ready. Just bought a motor guard filter for painting and figured an easier way to cool the air out of compressor down. So that's figured out, now I have to finish sanding and prepping.

And I think with turbos you need the long gears but i can't remember exactly.

What did it run you to gather the parts for the fi?

Well at least it was only a battery,
And that's awesome man I can't wait to see how it turns out I've been following your build.

And for my kit I bought a used procharger p600b kit with 5000kms for $2300 which included the head unit all brackets, piping, intercooler #42 injectors and a lightning maf I've since bought a new maf which is a pro-m 3" pro tube calibrated for the injectors I also bought a 2 gauge pillar pod and a boost gauge

I still need a wideband and I'm considering a dyno tune.

So all said and done at the moment I'm just under $3000 for everything I have.

·
Registered
2,484 Posts
Discussion Starter #50
I think with a blower 3.55's are the norm. I would say for the Turbo 3.73's would do just fine.

Hmmm okay I have 3.55s in my other car but I think if I run a slightly bigger tire and leave the 3.73s I hope I'd be okay. If not I could just swap them out if I don't like the way it is.

---------- Post added at 12:51 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:49 PM ----------

Damn where have I been! Looking good!

Thanks man!!!

Today's task is putting on the new rear bumper cover and I'm going to run the wires for the battery or at least try.

·
Registered
2,484 Posts
Discussion Starter #53
Just finished making the ground to run from the rear frame to the engine block next will be making the power wire from the alternator to battery.

Then I'll be cleaning the fuel tank and installing the new pump.

Once that's complete I'll strip the from clip off and star on the procharger install.

I'm really hoping to see 380rwhp to 400rwhp

I may be dreaming but I think it's possible

·
Free Mouth Hugs
9,037 Posts
That unit will get you that much of a gain? That would be decent numbers!

·
Free Mouth Hugs
9,037 Posts
That's what I'm hoping to see not sure if it will happen lol.

Big dreams haha

Dream small!! That way you don't get let down, lol

I don't think my paint jobs going to come out to good that way I'm ready for the upset but if it looks good I'll be excited!

·
Registered
2,484 Posts
Discussion Starter #58
Dream small!! That way you don't get let down, lol

I don't think my paint jobs going to come out to good that way I'm ready for the upset but if it looks good I'll be excited!

Lol 240hp it is hahahaha

I got her running today and my other car!

Just got to tear apart the front end now

Anyway man another thing you could do paint wise is apply more clear to the car then you normally would that way if dust and crap gets into the paint you can wet sand her to perfection.

·
Free Mouth Hugs
9,037 Posts
Haha there ya go! 240 :rockon

Yeah about that clear lol I was going to do a single stage but now that I've read up and talked to a few people they said base/clear is more forgiving for someone learning.

I should be finishing putting my temporary wall up tonight or tomorrow. Then sand city lol

41 - 60 of 118 Posts